• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolcases.com D8000 quiet case review.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Katana Man said:

This thing is loaded too.
New Fortron 350W PSU with 120mm fan

Ralf Hutter said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: You actually paid $5400 for the HDD in that case???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

There's a lesson to be learned there. Even a machine of essentially unlimited budget is more than well served by a Fortron/Sparkle power supply. This has long been my assertion, you can spend more than a Sparkle, but you shouldn't. FSP produced supplies are equal to any real-world load I've encountered, and equal to the best available at any price. Do you value quality? Performance? Value? It's rare combination when any one product combines all of these traits in bountiful quantities, one that deserves a place in any quality and/or high performance PC.

Last edited:
larva said:

There's a lesson to be learned there. Even a machine of essentially unlimited budget is more than well served by a Fortron/Sparkle power supply. This has long been my assertion, you can spend more that a Sparkle, but you shouldn't. FSP produced supplies are equal to any real-world load I've encountered, and equal to the best available at any price. Do you value quality? Performance? Value? It's rare combination when any one product combines all of these traits in bountiful quantities, one that deserves a place in any quality and/or high performance PC.
i think fortron should hire you:D

Heh, I'm quick enough to point out when people are lousy at their jobs (all too often IMO), so it's just the other side of the coin to point out those that aren't. It's nice when the truth about a product is as positive as it is with FSP.

larva said:
There's a lesson to be learned there. Even a machine of essentially unlimited budget is more than well served by a Fortron/Sparkle power supply. This has long been my assertion, you can spend more that a Sparkle, but you shouldn't. FSP produced supplies are equal to any real-world load I've encountered, and equal to the best available at any price. Do you value quality? Performance? Value? It's rare combination when any one product combines all of these traits in bountiful quantities, one that deserves a place in any quality and/or high performance PC.

Heck, Larva. After dropping five and a half large on the hard drive he probably couldn't afford a PCP&C!

;)

Seriously, good points.

BHD

What am I missing here? I don't mean to flame, but why spend so much on solid state if you still have FANS??? Take that money, get a cheap phase-change based minifridge off of Ebay, gut it, use it as a waterchiller, circulating water through the condenser, immersing the compressor, and circulating through the evaporator as necessary. Immerse the pump while you're at it, since you're chilling the water anyway. Take that whole shebang and soundproof the enclosure, then run water lines out to the components, and WATERCOOL EVERYTHING. WC hard drives and soundproof them as well. Then take the money you saved and get yourself a quality SCSI subsystem, rather than have some half-jury-rigged thing that still uses a far inferior ATA interface.

You should have at least one example of this by sometime in May or June ;)

Out of curiosity, Katana, could you please get some Atto and IOMeter benchies on that drive?

Back