• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C&C Generals or Starcraft?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C&C Generals or Starcraft?

• C&C Generals

Votes: 84 35.7%
  • Starcraft

Votes: 119 50.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • ShadowÒÓ

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
SC all the way! Generals is prettier, but the gameplay and unit use isn't that far up there yet. But Generals do have the greatest mod base for any RTS game out there. :beer:

STARCRAFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the most successful pc game of all time and ppl out there are STILL buying it!

I have C&C generals as i love the C&C series and i have to say that red alert and the original C&C for the ps1 are better than generals by FAR ok the graphics aint gr8 but who needs graphics its GAMEPLAY we want! Generals is ok the graphics are quite phenomenol watching the buildings actually being constructed via cranes etc and the units are cool but the gameplay kinda sucks man :burn:

Ah i remember as if it were yesterday charging into other bases with my mutalisks upgraded to gaurdian form (there is no better unit in world history than this!) and about 5 brigades of hydralisks to charge in after they launch the attack to protect them from air attack lol :D Also a charge with the protos Zealots fully upgraded was just unstoppable those guys are legends but again can`t attack air :drool: so need some protection for the little guys and as for the terren (humans) they just suck! lol

C & C is I have always thought such a silly game.. you just build up an army for a silly huge battle. SC has much better tactics and there is many ways you can win a game.

I just found this out. There's a SC conversion going on for Warcraft III. Complete 3D and slick graphics to boot. Here's the website.

http://revolution.wc3campaigns.com/

There's only some small screenshots of units on the site, but there is also other pictures of this mod that's floating somewhere on the net. To be honest, it looks like what SC would be with polygons. :)

Starcraft was an excellent game.

Generals sucked according to several of my friends so I never got it.

Seems like were comparing good old games to crappy new ones.

1968 Camaro or 2005 Kia Rio?
1963 Corvette or 2005 Ford Focus?

mx-6* said:
Starcraft was an excellent game.

Generals sucked according to several of my friends so I never got it.

Seems like were comparing good old games to crappy new ones.

1968 Camaro or 2005 Kia Rio?
1963 Corvette or 2005 Ford Focus?

Hey why don't you give a game a try for yourself instead of mindlessly bashing it? Generals is great and Zero Hour is even better.

Papier said:
Mind telling us why you think SC in 3D is bad?

Because it will turn out to be just like WC3 (of course the wc3 mod will), and I really hate WC3 compared to the rest of the series and Starcraft, all of which I've played for years. I think WC3 would be 10x better in 2D with detailed sprites.. I don't know, maybe I'm just a starcraft fanatic eh?

I have to say that you're definately old skool. :p

I remember playing SC for the first time and when I saw SCVs build a barracks I thought to myself "cool graphics!". Then C&C came along and did the same thing to me; "Cool cranes!". But C&C didn't capture my interest for 3 years like SC did. Damn freaking sc, it can suck the life out of you literally.

Evercrack? What's that? :eh?:

Back