• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much vcore with t-breds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Theres been a lot of debate about that here.

It seems some people have lost overclock, and therese been a few very sketchy reports about deaths but nothing really substantial.

Ive been running mine at around 2 for a few months now with no problems (but with really low temps)

Well maybe i'm one of those who has lost the overclock.
I have a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Plat w/ a 2100 B week 49 and I was doing alright with it. I got this processer at the end of Jan and have had it running pretty steadily at 168*13.5 and have had it to 172*13.5 but it would get to hot and was not stable at that speed.

Now I just spent 3 hours trying to get the dang thing to run stable. All I did was start the air conditioner in the apt today so if anything the ambient temp went down. After it cooled down I tried to bump up to 169*13.5 and it was a no go after that I could not get anything stable above 148*13 or 144*14 if I raised the multi. Now after another hour the 144 or 148 won't even boot even with a 1.75 vcore.
So right now I am back at default 133*13 (that sucks)

I know I need a new case and HS to lower my cooling because I have one of those cheap cases that has the power sup and the HS back to back so my case fan (10" rotron w/550cfm) is not blowing on the board or processer. It's around midnight here and i give up for today, so I will have to mess with it tomorrow:mad:

well, huge voltage will hurt any cpu......but since AMD's run mucher than pentiums high voltage is much more of a problem. For anyone 2 run over 2.0v on air is pretty gutsy......in my humble opinion ud need a slk800 or slk900, ~60CFM fan on top and over 150cfm moving through the case. Most people who go over 2v run water or better cooling.

If, and thats a big IF, SNDS is for real then AMD chips handle high voltage MUCH better then northwoods. I run mine at 1.75v with out SNDS, and most people won't go over that voltage for regular use. Unlike AMD users were quite a few people go to 2v and even higher.

I think the whole SNDS is blown out of perportion, but if its true then AMD is like JJ, THE KING OF VOLTAGE!

Anyone remeber JJ?

ps I run my 2100+ at 2.1v everyday, but have only had it for about 1 & 1/2 month (water cooled). It would be a waste to water cool a P4 that doesn't go over 1.75 volts.

hi,

does anybody know what's the MAX voltage
stated in the athlon's specification?

btw,can somebody direct link the pdf for the
athlon xp 1700+?

i'm bit confused navigating AMD web site, :)
i saw stuff like athlon xp model 10,model 8,etc

thanks

Max Vcore

Max VCORE for an AMD T-bred is 2.25V

*DISCLAIMER* I accept no responsibility for someone who chooses to run this much voltage. DON'T ATTEMPT without at LEAST water-cooling. Your gonna need peliter cooling to maintain that vcore at a safe temp over time.

For a heads up... I ran my PALOMINO at 2.25V on my watercooling set-up and I got into bios and CPU CORE temps was already 55C

Last edited:
OC Noob said:
Wouldn't the max voltage they give be stock?

that'll be called "Default/stock voltage" ;)

for example,i'm running modded tularon
[email protected] the stock/Default voltage is 1.5v
but intel's pdf also says to NEVER exceed
1.78v MAX ;)

PalominoBURN said:
Max VCORE for an AMD T-bred is 2.25V

*DISCLAIMER* I accept no responsibility for someone who chooses to run this much voltage. DON'T ATTEMPT without at LEAST water-cooling. Your gonna need peliter cooling to maintain that vcore at a safe temp over time.

For a heads up... I ran my PALOMINO at 2.25V on my watercooling set-up and I got into bios and CPU CORE temps was already 55C

whooa,2.25v max is too high for .13um chip,
are you sure? what does AMD say about it?

thanks

Back