• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.53 SL6S2 Malay "L" came with 9 bent pins!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
What the heck kind a service is this!? One of them is bent almost straight over...! MAN WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! I don't know if I can bend them back without breaking the pins. I got it from the Ohio outpost...do you think I should just send it back?

I ordered a 2.53 from outpost.com (tray) and received mine with 10+ bent pins. I ordered a tray once before and it was packed with a piece of orange foam to presumably prevent the chip from sliding around, not sure why outpost hasn't tried this innovation :)

I just went for it however -- mine was also a L SL6S2 from Malay and just coming off of a 2.4B SL6RZ that only hit 3 ghz I decided to go full speed ahead. Spent about 1 hour (no joke) bending pins back, still couldn't get one corner in the socket but just decided to let the socket do the realigning and applied "appropriate pressure". The effort was worth it, got it running prime stable (9 hours at least) at 3.55 -- your results may vary. I am however going to send outpost an email regarding this, I am stunned at their packaging.

Yeah "stunned" is an understatment. It looks like they have somebody who is just picking them up by hand and slamming the chips into the plastic containers. Thansk for the info bro!:D I just called outpost customer service and they said to go ahead and try to bend the pins back. I asked them if the pins break off when I try can I still rma it? The customer rep said yes, and that he would make a note of the bent pins. Cool hunh? I am gonna try to straighten them out with a credit card I am fairly confident that I can get all the other 8 straight but the one that is almost at a 90 degree is gonna be a challenge.

I used a tweezers, credit card probably would have worked just as well. Also you won't be scratching the pins then, not sure if that matters at all. Can't tell you how many times I was bending a pin, applied too much pressure and sent it so far over so it was touching another pin... Glad to hear that outpost will allow a rma in case things go south. Best of luck to you!

Welp, the credit card worked! Those pins are thougher than I thought! Now I have to wait until Tue. cause I am getting a PE Vapochill wahooooooo! We'll see what this chip can really do!

My sl6s2 is a Malay week 48. What week is yours? It sucks that I won't get to try this chip out until Tue.!!!

best way is to use a mechanical pencil tip. just unscrew the tip and use it. the hollow part fits perfectly over the pins.

AZN

Thats a good idea...I would have never thought of that one. I see the 2.53 in your siggy is the same one that I have "L248" week 48. How much voltage have you slapped it with? Have you had it any higher than what it runs at now?

Not sure what week it is, after I saw the L and SL6S2 I started bending and never wrote down the number :( Doesn't seem to be shown on the sticker attached to the tray and even though my swiftech MCW5000 attaches pretty easily I'm in the leave well enough alone mindset. Sorry :( When next its removed I will send you the #

ive used like 1.65v monitor and it doesnt do much better then 180fsb stable. this chip is just ok.

AZN

Back