• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot find info on O/C an Intel 820 Mobo. Help Please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nightvalen

I've been looking around quite a while now, and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world with a DELL XPS733r with an Intel 820 Mobo and 128MB of PC600 RDRAM. Also have a Leadtek DDR GeForce 256 64MB, and a Soundblaster Live soundcard. Has anyone ever overclocked one of these systems and if so, please help. Thanks Dudes.

Nightvalen

Nightvalen (Feb 19, 2001 08:59 p.m.):
I've been looking around quite a while now, and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world with a DELL XPS733r with an Intel 820 Mobo and 128MB of PC600 RDRAM. Also have a Leadtek DDR GeForce 256 64MB, and a Soundblaster Live soundcard. Has anyone ever overclocked one of these systems and if so, please help. Thanks Dudes.

Nightvalen

My brother just ordered a vc820 that he was going to try to overclock. It only supports 100/133 bus speeds so we put a celeron 2 700 on a slocket to run at 100mhz instead of 66 but the board will not even turn on. I don't know if the board can sense that a celeron is on it instead of a p2/p3 or what..

DE

I'd probably have to guess it can tell it's a celeron there or at least NOT a Pentium III and it most certainly doesn't like it.

The VC820 has NO overclocking features. AND, it WILL NOT post with a Slocket installed. Will only work with a Slot 1 CPU installed. I "inherited" a VC820 and 128mb PC800 RDRAM and have nothing to run in it :(

Back