• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cordless scroll mouse for Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I want a cordless scroll mouse, preferably optical, that works in Linux.

I have a portable system built up and a Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse that work, BUT the scroll on the mouse has never worked right, even in Windows.

So I need a mouse or set that DEFINITELY works in linux. money is an object of course :D, but....well, you know how that goes ;)

Anybody have a recomendation?

:D

Hmmmmmm, I don't know......

Funny though- my MS usb optical mice work great in linux ;)

Have to see what I can find for prices on the Logitech.
One question on it: is the power supply output voltage 12 volt?
I would want to mount that in my case for portable use ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:
All kind of mice is supported by linux; cordless or not cordless, USB, comport, PS/2 etc. I've not heard of any Microsoft mice not working.

cheers,
Frans

well i have a microsoft intellimouse wireless explorer and it doesnt work with linux... I have tried it with mandrake linux 7.0 8.0 and 9.0 no go... redhat 5, 6, 7, and 8 no go, Ii could list more but the point is it is incompatible... the only thing the mouse does is move up and down (on the screen) no matter which way you actually move the mouse and clicking either button makes it go right on the screen eventually dissapearing never to return.....

The problem with getting the scroll button to work in Linux, isn't the hardware, it's setting up the XF686Config file correctly.

mouse

moorcito said:
The problem with getting the scroll button to work in Linux, isn't the hardware, it's setting up the XF686Config file correctly.

That's a big 10-4! Posting from a MS USB optical Intellimouse. Using a Logitech Cordless freedom mouse/KB at home.

That weird mousebehavior(jerking cursor) is caused by specifying the wrong protocol for the mouse, I think. Play around with it.

cheers,
Frans

i am using the logitech mx700 so far i have used it with mandrake and suse and it has worked fine

Back