• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Ravenshield please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I just bought Ravenshield and I installed it no problem. I went to play on line and it locked up. I went to the website and and it said to turn off filters so I did. Now I can at least download servers. The problem is that when I try to join one and it asks for the CD key I put it in and it starts to load and comes back with invalid CD key? I tried all caps, lower case, dashes, no dashes. I dont know what else to do but return it. Please help, i really want to play it.

I was on UBI's website and it seems this a widespread problem. It seems to have to do with my router and the ports it uses. I will not unplug my router/network to be able to play this so I'm bring this pile back. Maybe they should make games work a little better before they release them.:mad:

Sorry to hear your problems. I also run a router and haven't had a problem playing RS3 online. Maybe the version 1.1 patch will help you with this issue, as it is supposed to fix multiplayer problems that people were having. (1.1 patch isn't quite out yet)

I tried everything the online help said and it still says Invalid CD key. I would just exchange it but I dont think it will help.

It turns out UBI knows about it and it has to do with my router addressing. I returned it tonight and the guys at Gamestop knew it was a problem too. I bought Vietcong insted.

CSaddict said:
I was on UBI's website and it seems this a widespread problem. It seems to have to do with my router and the ports it uses. I will not unplug my router/network to be able to play this so I'm bring this pile back. Maybe they should make games work a little better before they release them.:mad:

just forward the ports freom your router to your computer that u play it on and thatll fix the problem :)

Back