Xbox controller mod

thought this was pretty cool. I think I might try this soon:
    http://www.blagged-hardware.net/index.php?index=41
    The Ancient Beast: Athlon XP 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB0310XPMW@ 1826 Mhz - Abit NF7-S v2.0 Motherboard - 2x 512 MB PC2700 CAS 2 Corsair Memory - 2x 80 GB Maxtor ATA133 HDDs in RAID 0 - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @ stock - Soundblaster Audigy OEM - Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM - Lite-On 48x/12x/48x CD-RW - Windows XP Pro w/ SP1 - Alpha PAL 8045 w/ Panaflo L1A - Enermax 550W PSU - Cooler Master ATC-210

Monstrosity Au Courant: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core - ASUS EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 - PC Power and Cooling Silencer 760W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 - Cooler Master case w/ Bluray/DVD Drive/Burner - Saitek Eclipse II, Logitech wireless laser, Logitech 8 speakers/subwoofer & Bose Companion 2

pretty cool... now if only there was a way to mod a keyboard/mouse combo so that it would work with fps games on an xbox?

I once came across a site that had all game systems from atari to the 64(It was awhile ago). I should have bookmarked that site.
    It's hard to look at it like a learning experence.

CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz (22x182)
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Motherboard: Asus p7p55 lx
    Video: MSI N460GTX + Asus VH198T
    Hard Drives: AS596TB-32GMx2 RAID 0
    Other: HD-DVD/Blu Ray Combo Drive.
    All Powered by: Corsair 750W

WOW this thing is awesome! the only problem i have noticed thus far is the inability to use the second joystick (e.g. the one on the right) for CS!!!! even though i am pretty sure i would get butchered with this thing anyway

Originally posted by tatanka
    pretty cool... now if only there was a way to mod a keyboard/mouse combo so that it would work with fps games on an xbox?
    well, you can hook up a mouse and keyboard, but i dont think it would work with any xbox games

Cool, I'll hafta try this next time I get some extra $$... Thanks for the link Rafterman.

Cool, thanks for the link. My friend has an Xbox controller that has had the wire cut badly and he gave it to me . Now I just need to learn to solder. Any tips?

Originally posted by katka
    Cool, thanks for the link. My friend has an Xbox controller that has had the wire cut badly and he gave it to me . Now I just need to learn to solder. Any tips?
    use flux (not just flux cored solder) and practice on some old wires to get the hang of your soldering iron before you go for the final connections and all that.

theres a cheaper way..
    you by the break away cable and mod that..

I would do that but the wire is cut right where it enters the controller.

Best way to learn to solder is so learn to desolder ^_^

Originally posted by Mr. Tom

well, you can hook up a mouse and keyboard, but i dont think it would work with any xbox games
    Ya, if you got a USB Keyboard and mouse it would be easy, but getting it to work would be hard. Maybe with the linux or windows hack, but I dunno. Would be cool though
    "Important Note: Do not submerge the Game Boy Advance or pour water on it directly."
    .................................................. .......................................... -Nintendo.com Customer Support

that is pretty cool, maybe i should try it i dont have a xbox but that is ok, what does a xbox controller for, i think if i wanted a controller it would just be easier to just buy a pc controller but then what fun would that be and when you go to a lan you can show off you cool mod. yeah i probalby will do if it is not too expensive 20 bucks is worth it i think.

I just got it done. I painted the front and back cherry red and the back, start, big logo thingy in the middle, D-pad, the thing you put the memory cards in, and joysticks (not the part you put your thumb on that's still black) gold. It works good except for the L trigger and Left joystick, but that was messed up before I got the controller and modded it. Thanks for the link. Oh and btw this is my first mod.
    Last edited by katka; 04-15-03 at 12:55 AM.

katka way to go , it wasn't hard was it, it didn't look very hard,I haven't done it yet , it was plenty of fun to do right . well have fun modding in the furture

Originally posted by Sn0rKy
    theres a cheaper way..
    you by the break away cable and mod that..
    but whats the fun of that?

blackhabit: It was easy enough and I had a good time doing it.

well... if i didnt spend all of my leftover payvheck money on food.... lol i would be able to buy an xbox controller to do this with (planning to)
    Student of Electronic Engineering as of September 20, 2010