• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox controller mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pretty cool... now if only there was a way to mod a keyboard/mouse combo so that it would work with fps games on an xbox?

I once came across a site that had all game systems from atari to the 64(It was awhile ago). I should have bookmarked that site.

WOW this thing is awesome! the only problem i have noticed thus far is the inability to use the second joystick (e.g. the one on the right) for CS!!!! even though i am pretty sure i would get butchered with this thing anyway :D

Cool, thanks for the link. My friend has an Xbox controller that has had the wire cut badly and he gave it to me :). Now I just need to learn to solder. Any tips?

katka said:
Cool, thanks for the link. My friend has an Xbox controller that has had the wire cut badly and he gave it to me :). Now I just need to learn to solder. Any tips?

use flux (not just flux cored solder) and practice on some old wires to get the hang of your soldering iron before you go for the final connections and all that.

Mr. Tom said:

well, you can hook up a mouse and keyboard, but i dont think it would work with any xbox games
Ya, if you got a USB Keyboard and mouse it would be easy, but getting it to work would be hard. Maybe with the linux or windows hack, but I dunno. Would be cool though :)

that is pretty cool, maybe i should try it i dont have a xbox but that is ok, what does a xbox controller for, i think if i wanted a controller it would just be easier to just buy a pc controller but then what fun would that be and when you go to a lan you can show off you cool mod. yeah i probalby will do if it is not too expensive 20 bucks is worth it i think.

I just got it done. I painted the front and back cherry red and the back, start, big logo thingy in the middle, D-pad, the thing you put the memory cards in, and joysticks (not the part you put your thumb on that's still black) gold. It works good except for the L trigger and Left joystick, but that was messed up before I got the controller and modded it. Thanks for the link. Oh and btw this is my first mod.

Last edited:
Back