• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird noise ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

OK, I just got back home, and when I came into the computer room, I heard a big whining noise. The HP is the loudest computer of the house, so I went to check it first, just putting my ear next to it. Yup, it's the HP alright .... Then, I launch Speedfan, and lower the fan level to 65%. Almost no difference (this is weird, cuz it always quieted down the comp otherwise). So, the problem was with the hard drive. And it isn't the usual whining, it's a lot louder, overpowering a Delta jet engine .... Anyone knows what's going on ?

can't RMA, I didn't buy it (unfortunately :() Now this sucks, I just reinstalled XP on it, copied a couple of gigs of data on it (about 20 or more gigs), .... BOOOOOO Quantum :mad: You suck, I'm glad you went out of business. At least, Maxtor makes better products than you originally did :mad:

SWEET !! I filled an RMA request, and my drive still has 6 days of warrranty !! So, I'll send it back this week :D Maxtor Rocks !

Back