• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cleaned up wiring helps cool [pic]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice job. Now if only I wasn't so cheap I'd get me some of those rounded cables. :D Flat ones make for a very messy case.

Gecko 2 of those are flat cables that I twisted and put loom on. I got the blue loom at autozone. It came in a 10 foot length. Its 3/8 but I'm going to do my buddy's 1/2.

I just cleaned up the wires in my case by putting them behind my mobo. I need to get heatshrink tubing or loom for the ide cables though...

now that is a picture perfect case IMHO. very nice and clean... i need to do that someday :) my system isn't complete enough to warrant me using anything more than zip ties :) i tend to more stuff around a lot

Split I believe I paid like 5 bucks for it. Its very cheap and cuts with normal sissors. Easiest mod I even did and most effective.

Heh, I have a rounded ide cable for my hdd. I originally bought 2 ide cables and a floppy cable, and one of the ide cables decided to die on me after a few days of using it, so I had to switch back to the regular IDE cable for the cdrom drives. The floppy cable never really worked with my floppy drive, I guess the drive must be too old or something. Who needs a floppy drive anyway :D. I'm seriously thinking about just taking it out of my case. Anyway...

mage_x said:
http://www.xoxide.com/bluewireloom.html

is that what you used? how in the world do you get that over the ends of ide's and the atx connector?

Funny question dude.
Just buy it and you'll know.

Here I just put my mouse wire in it just to show you:

Loom.jpg

Can you post a bigger picture ?

It's too small for me but it does look very nice.

Back