• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY 1700+ 0310upmw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I got it yesterday and I have got it to boot into windows at 2375 but it wont run 3Dmark. I just turned down the fsb to 180 and it boots and does 3dmark all the way through and I'm running prime 95. I only have a 12.5 mutli and only 1.75 volts available so I'm about topped out, but not bad for 76 dollars.:D
I got it from www.excaliberpc.com. Will post more after more testing. specs so far are 2250 mhz @ 1.75 volts idle temp while I'm typing is 35c but its hot in here. I haven't seen it go to 40c yet! Memory is 180 fsb @2.85 volts. I think my memory is holding me back a bit. May get some HyperX ordered. Think it could help?

I have the same motherboard, so I understand why you can only access up to a 12.5 multiplier. It is certainly possible that your PC2700 memory may be holding you back. Have you tried using the slowest memory settings available? That might help you increase the FSB some more, so that you can determine if it is your memory or CPU holding you back. If you can run higher FSB speeds, then you might want to consider getting some PC3200 memory.

Another option might be to try running your memory asynchronous (at a slower MHz) than your FSB speed. This too might allow you to determine if the CPU can go any higher.

I'm using Corsair XMS PC3200 @ 1.7v, C2, T2 everything else is either Default or Auto on the RAM side with the 1/5 Div. and as you can see per my Stats below I have NO problem getting my unlocked Paly1900 & 2200A Tbred well above 190FSB with a lower CPU Multiplier!! So I think it's definitely your RAM holding you back man :D

Good luck!

Hope that helps!

DpGravy

Back