• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there Raid problems with NF7s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I am looking to order a NF7s from Excaliber right now. Is there a problem with the raid, cause if there is I'm not going to bother ordering it.

some say it works some say it doesnt. but its sata raid so you need a second serilell adaptor. i just recieved my second nf7-s and a rev2 so i have to adaptors and im gonna try the raid soon.

ill post back on the results. btw i use raid more than single drives so if it works ill get it working.

It seems to me that the Nforce set in general is crap and unstable, is this ture? I really want to buy this board but am scared the Bios will fail and or the raid wont work. Should I buy something different like an ASUS, or Epox?

i can only say that the nforce2 problems you see are 50% of the time newbies trying to oc without doing any homework.

when was the last time you saw anyone pointed to the beginers guides? anyhow.
40% of the other problems is people asking these mobos to do unreal settings.

10% are real problems. i was a kt333 junkie and took me forever to switch and try nforce2 mobos. but i love them now and wouldnt go back even if the mobos were free.

i still have the raid to test but is getting late tonight and i dont wanna install my new rev2 mobo and do the complete reinstall.

id be more scared of hard drive corruption on a kt333 than a bios flop on a nf2 mobo.

Let me know if you get it to work, I tried with my 1.0 board and BIOS up to 15, with Maxtor and WD and never got it to work reliably, OCd or not.
Haven't had the time to try with my 1.2 and Bios 16. I heard that ppl which had similar problems changed something with the windows swap file and that resolved their problems. Was on the Abit forum if u want details.

deathstar, let us know if u can make it run stable, for more than 1 day or 2, thats when I started having trouble (file corruption, files missing ...)

A.

BTW, was not only RAID, but also with single attached disk to SATA.

This thread may be dead, but I was able to get my NF7-S revision 2 to work. I set up 2 Hitachi Deathstar 80 gig SATA in a Raid 0. I'm using the D24 Bios and the latest Nforce2 drivers. I'm using the SATA driver that came on the floppy. I also have a 80gig Samsung IDE 7200 rpm on the Mb as well. Everything worked well. I read an awesome post on the ABit board on how to set this up. No problems. And its fast! I used 16k cluster and stripes. Good luck.

I was using the Raid 0 mode and run perfectly for several weeks but later a swiched back to use a single drive on my gaming rig since run much faster than stripped mode. My main rig uses Raid 1 with dual sata drives (seagates 120) and been very stable and without problems since I set it up over 9 months ago.

Back