• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First one....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

I officaly fried my first chip.....
Goodbye my beloved 2100 tbred B 0302...... It decided to kill itself with a stock amd HS... :(

Even thow i got this out of it~

CROPED.JPG

I pulled 2600mhz (193x13) but the pics on the harddrive of the dead machine......
Poor chip dint deserve to die so young :(
The Smell of burnt electronics never has smelled so fowl.....

Last edited:
To bad for you.
I wonder when I will cook my 2100B. The way it acts somtimes it will most likley be when I will not expect it.

Well I guess its time to drill that hole in it and hang it from your review mirror like a trophy.

deathstar13 said:
died from running 2.5ghz on an amd heatsink?
Watercooled, i took all the watercooling out, put a stock HS fan on to get my pics before i tore it down, turned it on (default speed) it ran, went into windows, i transfered 1/2 the stuff and then POP... "sniff" ****......

Ouch, does that say running 1.9volt?

I keep telling you guys 1.75 has GOT to be the tops...

Even then I'm really afraid of popping cores...

Sorry about your loss Spyder. Grab a 0312 1700+ and *Edit* LOL

Even in jest, that is never allowed.

LutaWicasa
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on a second.. You got 2600MHz on the stock heatsink, while I could barely get 2300MHz stable with my 0302 with one of the best heatsinks available? :cry:

That must have been one hell of a chip, you should kick yourself a few times for killing it.

pulled 2600 with a $100 watercooling kit i built myself ;)
The stock HS was put on so i could get documents (i did a mod to the case and wanted to write up the artical i was writing on the WC, and needed the screen caps, but i already pulled the WC out :()
A sad day in deed....
It did 2.4 @ 1.6v with the WC'er
I have a SLK900 but it dosent fit the 8k3a+ :(
Ill add it to the dead CPU collection :(
DEAD_0001.jpg

2100/1700/1600/1000/1000/850/700

Back