Registered

radeon 9700 and warcraft 3

I just noticed in warcraft 3, when making orc buildings, still underconstruction, the smoke coming on the buildings change from brown (normal) to black. Has anyone had this issue?

driver 3.2 catalyst

dolby, we're getting mighty picky aren't we?

have you compared the smoke to another video card?

Registered
    I thinks it a problem :/ Not that big though. I've never had this problem with gfmx card.

Re: radeon 9700 and warcraft 3

Originally posted by dolby
    I just noticed in warcraft 3, when making orc buildings, still underconstruction, the smoke coming on the buildings change from brown (normal) to black. Has anyone had this issue?

driver 3.2 catalyst
    I thought it was supposed to do that, lol! Maybe the brown stuff is just dust they're kicking up and then they light a fire in there and it turns black. -shrugs- I'm not worried about the color of smoke coming out of my buildings under construction. Little white dots popping up, yes... artifacts all over the place, yes... different colored smoke? Who cares.

Registered
    It has never happened before on my g2 gts/max . Are you also experiencing this kind of thing, kestrel?

Registered
    hmmm. strange. I lowered the particle setting to medium and the 'problem' was fixed.

Originally posted by dolby
    It has never happened before on my g2 gts/max . Are you also experiencing this kind of thing, kestrel?
    Yes, and I think it is a real effect. As you state in another post, lowering the particle setting to medium "fixes" this "problem". It looks good to me as an effect. I don't want to fix it. ;p I think it's just warcraft3's people playing around with pixel shaders.

use cat 3.1