• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon 9700 and warcraft 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolby

Registered
I just noticed in warcraft 3, when making orc buildings, still underconstruction, the smoke coming on the buildings change from brown (normal) to black. Has anyone had this issue?

driver 3.2 catalyst

I thinks it a problem :/ Not that big though. I've never had this problem with gfmx card.

dolby said:
I just noticed in warcraft 3, when making orc buildings, still underconstruction, the smoke coming on the buildings change from brown (normal) to black. Has anyone had this issue?

driver 3.2 catalyst

I thought it was supposed to do that, lol! Maybe the brown stuff is just dust they're kicking up and then they light a fire in there and it turns black. -shrugs- I'm not worried about the color of smoke coming out of my buildings under construction. Little white dots popping up, yes... artifacts all over the place, yes... different colored smoke? Who cares.

It has never happened before on my g2 gts/max . Are you also experiencing this kind of thing, kestrel?

hmmm. strange. I lowered the particle setting to medium and the 'problem' was fixed.

dolby said:
It has never happened before on my g2 gts/max . Are you also experiencing this kind of thing, kestrel?

Yes, and I think it is a real effect. As you state in another post, lowering the particle setting to medium "fixes" this "problem". It looks good to me as an effect. I don't want to fix it. ;p I think it's just warcraft3's people playing around with pixel shaders.

Back