• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Small Can A Full ATX Case Be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MHuizing

Registered
I spent the past year making my current computer case. Most of the trouble can be linked to the fact that I choose plexiglass as my material for it. Anyway it is done now and it was fairly successful. It measures just a tad over 12" x 12" x 5.5", holds a full ATX motherboard, and only uses standard-size components (if you consider a micro ATX power supply and Lite-On's short DVD-ROM standard-size).

i-1.JPG

Maybe I will try a micro-ATX version of it next 9.75"x 12" x5.5". I never liked the proportions and limitations of Shuttle's XPC's.

My case violates some of the ATX specifications for clearances. I am just talking about a case that will work with most ATX boards. I was orginally thinking of water cooling it, as there is plenty of space for a radiator and pump up front and a water block would take even less room than my passive CPU heatsink.

Looks real nice. After the micro one, make one for a full size PSU, mobo, cdrom, hard disk and floppy And put a handle on it. :)

Back