• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB size on A7N8X dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

has anyone actually taken off the HS and looked @ the NB on the A7N8X dlx? I've got some "credit" at ThermalTake, and thought, why the hell not for a NB chipset cooler... but the only one they sell is a Intel chipset one, that look's nice...

only problem is, the only flat all copper base part of it is 15mm x 15mm... now I am wondering, is the A7N8X's nvidia NB bigger or smaller or about equal to that??? does anyone know for sure??

i think it would also maybe work like the SLK-800, where the air would blow through the fins onto the chip if it were bigger, but unfortunately its only a 5.1CFM 40mm fan, and that wouldn't do much...

anything anyone? :)

The size of the whole NB is larger than that... About 40 mm...
BUT, the metal plate on the chip is smaller... A diam of about 20-25 mm. But the heatsink has to rest against the epoxi that contains the chip. You may crush the NB core if you have a heatsink that only rests on the metal plate... Not to common, but it's a hint for not getting the core crushed.

/Norrko

but unfortunately its only a 5.1CFM 40mm fan, and that wouldn't do much...

Thermaltake also makes the Crystal Orb, and it does fit on A7N8X NB, I did however dremal off a tiny part of the fan cover that sticks out the side about 1/16", it pokes into the capacitor under the HSF preventing use of the mounting holes on the MB.
From Newegg:
Thermaltake CRYSTAL ORB for VGA CARD GPU COOLING. Copper Base with Nickel Plating. Can be used for chip sets cooling. Fan Dimension: 50x50x15 mm. Fan Speed: 5500±10% RPM. Max. Air Flow: 12.4CFM. Bearing Type: Ball Bearing.
elec.tron

Back