Thread: MoDDing cases

MoDDing cases

i have a question when i mod a case can i use this dremel to cut my metal case its not aluminum.

http://www.xoxide.com/dremel.html

it just dpends on which bit you are using, i am not sure which bit would be best for what you are cutting but that dremel will do that trick no problem , i got the same one. works great for lots of stuff.

thanks =D

If you're just going to be case modding you can probably get a cheaper one at HomeDepot or something like that. I have the Black and Decker one and it was only $35. The only thing you really need is cutting wheels, and a lot.

I'd also recommend the Black & Decker RTX - lot more powerful then the Dremel model.
    New build coming soon: Q6600 | Abit IP35-Pro | EVGA 8800GT 512mb | Tt Mozart TX case | 2-loop watercooling

Heatware

Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI
    supposedly the RTX is better....but I used a dremel to mod my antec case (steel) and it worked just fine.

To cut it, you want to use the Fiberglass Reinforced Cut-Off wheels. Don't apply too much force, or you'll wear the wheel out faster and won't get as far. Just let the dremel do the work.

For the future, if you have any case modding questions, post it in the Alternative Modding forum. The people there know a LOT about this stuff, so you'll get a better answer faster than in here. That forum has lots of information about modding......if you have a question, chances are someone has done it before, and can give you some good advice.

Dremel > *.

Yup. A dremel is faster, and has a longer warranty. That's why i chose it over the other rotary tools Its more expensive though.

That and it was recommended over the rest of the rotary tools by experienced modders like mnpctech

Luckily my dad already had a rotary tool when I decided to cut some holes in my case. I don't remember which one it is off the top of my head, but more than likely it's the Black & Decker one from home depot. Worked just fine, but I did use a lot of cutting wheels.

ok im thinking of buyign a jig-saw now since ppl say it cut like butter on steel and use my bro-inlaw. drill to drill a hole to start cutting what you guys think ?

Everything has its uses - a jigsaw is good for big cuts but its harder to control finely. Be prepared for corners that aren't sharp.

I got the bits for the dremel, then used them in a BIG DRILL!! Seriously!
    Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz with stock cooler Kingston DDR3-1333 2x4GB
    Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
    2x 120GB Kingston SSDNow! 1xSeagate 1TB Corsair 200R
    Corsair CX430M PSU Stock Intel Cool for now

what the cheapest... dremel or rotary tools you guys see ?