• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

designing my own WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah :p it got pulled. I need to have the blocks in hand to post in the classifieds. oh well. if there is interest, e-mail me.

$350

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wtf is this. three hundred and fifty $#%^ dollars!!!

I am going to another shop to get a quote cuz that is rediculous. I could go to my old school and do it for way cheaper than that

ok, 100 per block for 3 is getting better. I will make a website and post it in services in the classifieds, as well as my www in my profile

the guy works at a metal supplier, so he's using scrap copper stock. so just machining. and I found out today it is 75 per block for 3 :)

thats a ton, didnt you say it was much less a little bit ago?

Jon

Where the hell is the O-ring channel in the "FINAL" render if you're selling them.
If its just a render people are buying, then dont you think that it requires a complete block w/ everything??
I must have missed it....But what is the base going to look like, completed?
How does it perform, and who/how tested it???Furthermore.
ow does anyone know that the results were accurate enough?
These are things that need to be said..
Or has it been tested to see.

It's not quite as easy for me to just come up with a good "design" and expect it to perfom great on the first mount.

I dont think you mentioned anything about testing an actual block...Did you?

lol, not yet. I am getting 3 made using a loan from my mom, and I want to send one to bill to get tested. I am taking pre-orders, like ssjwizzard was doing :rolleyes: I will post the specifics from the tests when I get them (and when I get the blocks)

dude, be careful, dont get a hype, if something goes rong, noone buys them, or if theres nothing special about them... nooone will buy them... trust me, I know from experience...

he is probably looking at the rong holes... the ones to hold the top to the bottom....

piggy, check the price if you supply the copper...

Actually Jfettig, I was referring to the right ones.......
The measurements are 2.6019685" X 1.423" for the socket a. And the core is offset 0.05"(1.27mmm)to the left.
I dont think it will perform any better than most WB on the market........average temps.
Its not hard to make an average block......
Theres alot more involved than just coming up with a path for the channels that looks cool.....Much much more! Sorry!

It a good start though. and with a little work, it MiGHT be a good performer. But as I see it in the renderings.....it just needs work.

LittlePiggie said:
$350

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wtf is this. three hundred and fifty $#%^ dollars!!!

I am going to another shop to get a quote cuz that is rediculous. I could go to my old school and do it for way cheaper than that

I have only read part of this post, but I remeber NEOMOSES having a post in the cooling classifieds section. HE would build yoru block for around $75.

Back