• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX pc3000 $48!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=hyperx+256+pc3000

I've had experience with OCZ and some other "high speed" ram. I just bought 2 of these to use in a dual channel config on my 8rda. I'm convinced the chips on these are the same as those used in the hyperx pc3200. Right out of the box I got 211 mhz at 5-3-3-2.0 at 2.5v!!! I ran mem test on it and got over 1000% coverage no prob. I could easily go higher, but I'm going to wait till I get better cooing for my NB.

I highly recommend this ram, for 48 a stick shipped, there is no better price/performance ratio out there as of now. At least IMO

yes i agree, i hope i can hit 211 with them also, i just purchased 2 sticks last night for 48 bucks a piece, the reviews look very promising! i'll let you know how this and my new soltek nf2 board play together :)

Guys I really dont understand 48 bux might be a deal but you can get a 512 stick @ googlegear for 88 bux.

jonspd said:
Guys I really dont understand 48 bux might be a deal but you can get a 512 stick @ googlegear for 88 bux.

think_it_in_Dual____(sryy_the_space_key_is_not_working)

I_Got_this_512_pc3000_hyperX_last_week____Ishould_got_2x256_for_memo_bandwidth___oh_well___i_might_make_to__2x512

Kevin, LOL, sorry to hear about the space bar......

He's right, these are perfect for people using dual channel ddr. 2 sticks of 256 will be more useful in the future(as well as now for people with NF2) than 1 stick of 512.

kevinN said:

I_Got_this_512_pc3000_hyperX_last_week____Ishould_got_2x256_for_memo_bandwidth___oh_well___i_might_make_to__2x512

LOLL :D

I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that's just hilarious

that is alright.
i rofl myself after reading today as well
:)

ok here is the question:

where can I buy a cheapest 256 stick that can hit 250fsb on NF7-S V2.0 ?

kevinN said:

You should cut paste your spaces!!! AHAHA sorry bout that had to get it out of the system

maver1ck said:
also, googlegear has this ram for $47 w/ free 2nd day shipping......... yikes :eek:

from personal experiences, newegg is always faster than googlegear. yeah, it is 2nd day shipping, but do consider the processing time. count the day of ordering, i can get my stuff from newegg 3 days, google? 4 to 5 days.

TyRex said:
He's right, these are perfect for people using dual channel ddr. 2 sticks of 256 will be more useful in the future(as well as now for people with NF2) than 1 stick of 512.

...unless they want to go with 2 sticks of 512 in the future ;)

(i can't though; have windows 98)

floben said:
Are these designed for dual channel operation, or do they just seem to work?

to answer your question directly, no they are not guarenteed to run in dual channel operation...

BUT they dont seem to have a problem with it, i've read many many posts on various forums and sites and not many if any at all have had problems running 2 of these guys in DC.

In fact, i just got my soltek sl-75frn board last night, along with 2 of these kingston hyperX pc3000 sticks, and a new 1700+ T-bredB, and so far (havent had much time to play with it) i'm running rock stable, tightest memory timings, at 11x190 - AT STOCK VOLTAGE! :D

i will post back throughout the day with my findings on them, as i have most of the day to mess around :)

John

congrats chambers........you're going to love this stuff. 190fsb isnt even scratching the service, just wait till you start pushing it. I hit 220 at 7-5-5-2.0 at 2.6v! I really dont know where this stuff will limit at, but it seems to have some more left in it

Chambers,

Thanks for the excellent info. I was about ready to spend the big bucks to get "matching" modules for dual channel. I think I'll try these instead:)

floben said:
Chambers,

Thanks for the excellent info. I was about ready to spend the big bucks to get "matching" modules for dual channel. I think I'll try these instead:)

yeah, i was about to dish out the $$$ also for matched sticks, but i'm glad i bought these instead, as of right now i dont think i've quite reached my limit with them, still inching along (thats the key, to oc these nf2 boards SLOWLY), currently i'm at 204mhz with memory in-sync with the fsb, and my multiplier @ 7x, so i know for sure its not the cpu thats holding me back.

at these speed, voltage, and tight timings of 6-2-2-2, windows will load and i can surf the net all day long, but prime will error, and 3dmark will crash back to the desktop. i'm dropping it back down to 200 for now, raising the voltage a slight amount, and gonna try burning it in for a couple hours.

i will post back with more findings, that is unless my girlfriend comes over tonight, then you'll probably have to wait till about 1 in the morning :D

John

tainice said:

from personal experiences, newegg is always faster than googlegear. yeah, it is 2nd day shipping, but do consider the processing time. count the day of ordering, i can get my stuff from newegg 3 days, google? 4 to 5 days.

googlegear has fast shipping.... I ordered from them late one tuesday night, next day it was processed and shipped.. recieved it friday afternoon ;)

from CA to NY in 2 days thats fast IMO

Mr. Chambers said:

at these speed, voltage, and tight timings of 6-2-2-2, windows will load and i can surf the net all day long, but prime will error, and 3dmark will crash back to the desktop. i'm dropping it back down to 200 for now, raising the voltage a slight amount, and gonna try burning it in for a couple hours.

John

one thing i've learned on trying to get high fsb in an NF2 board is good cooling of the NB, especially when you up the chipset voltage.

Back