• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not much talk about theXP2200 hu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I've had my XP2200 for about 8 months now havent had any problems with it cant overclock it much at least I havent been able to go much past 2gig with out have things freek out on me anyhow I dont see much talk on the 2200's why is that were they not good chips or something I do plan on getting a new faster CPU soon and a new MOBO havent decided on ither one to get yet so if anyone has any good suggestions feel free to let me in on whats are the better of the cpu's and MOBO's out there.

The first XP2200 that came were useless (in the overclocking aspect). My did hardly 2.2 Ghz with Vapochill, and then I downgraded to an XP1700 that gave me 2.4 Ghz... ;)

/Norrko

they were the top speeds of their core revision at the time T-bred B's came out ...... so they are so to say running near their full potential not much overclockability ...... since then the newer revisons have only been T-bred DLT3C XP1700+ XP1800+ and DUT3C XP2100+ ..... no new XP2200+ chips

I saw AIUGB week 44 and 45 2200+ chips today... VPBW's and MPM "4" chips. Was really temped to buy one, but had to hold off ... was really curious how much they'd do though

so then what do you guys think I should do go for a new higher chip like the 2400 and up or save my money and go for a lower chip like a 1700 or 1800 or 2100 I have been reading about the new amd chips the seem to be some badass chips?

I would conserve the $ and get a 1700, an nForce2 board like the Abit NF7-S Revision2 (Best board around :)), and some good pc3200 or pc3500.

Get a 1700+ or 2100+ (the 1700+ overclocks about the same, if not better, and it's much cheaper) from excaliber, and you'll be able to do much better than a 2200+.

Heh i had the same experience with my "upgraded" 1700.

Drak I had the same problem with my 2200, like everyone said they wqere pretty much built to their limit and if anything i wouldn't expect more than a 100-200Mhz increase from it. :(

altec said:
Heh i had the same experience with my "upgraded" 1700.

Drak I had the same problem with my 2200, like everyone said they wqere pretty much built to their limit and if anything i wouldn't expect more than a 100-200Mhz increase from it. :(

yeah I cant get much past 160fsb 12.5x anything much higher than that and no reboot.
I see you got your 1700 running at 2.4gigs thats pretty good considering you payed much less than the 2200 which is supose to be faster. well the the new chips arent worth the moner yet so I guess I'll just have to downgrade then. hey what ever happen to the 1600's they were a hot item at one point.

by the way would anyone know if 45c from my 2200 at no load is to high I just got a new case and it comes with a cpu probe I had to tape to the bottom of the cpu thats the temp the digital display is showing 45c for cpu and 60.1c for case.

rofl, that would make a good poll. Who has downgraded to make their computer faster? I also did that going from a 1900+ pally to this sweet thing I'm running now. :D

JCviggen said:
I saw AIUGB week 44 and 45 2200+ chips today... VPBW's and MPM "4" chips. Was really temped to buy one, but had to hold off ... was really curious how much they'd do though

I picked that week 45 VPDW up yesterday and am testing it. ;)
Has been folding all night @ 2305Mhz, 1.85V, aircooled.
Gonna try higher though, see how far I can push this chip.

Jupiler said:

Has been folding all night @ 2305Mhz, 1.85V, aircooled.
Gonna try higher though, see how far I can push this chip.

How ever did you get a 2200 to do 2305 the farthest I ever got even with watercooling is 2088 but it kept restarting

Drak55 said:

How ever did you get a 2200 to do 2305 the farthest I ever got even with watercooling is 2088 but it kept restarting

I don't know how, it just happens to be this way.
Actually, JCViggen saw that chip this week and he asked me if wanted to get it for him.
So I took the time to test it (JC had a good feeling about this chip ;) )and I was surprised to see that it ran nicely at 2305Mhz.
Had it running at 2470Mhz, 2.10V, aircooled (I know, it sounds crazy, but I had to see how high I could get it)
But that's about as far as this chip will go.

I tried it in my Prommy this afternoon and I was disappointed to see that wouldn't go higher than 2600Mhz. I tried every single voltage setting but no luck.
It booted once at 2700Mhz but XP gave me a nice BSOD.

Here's the full code on the chip :

AXDA2200DUV3C 9304247261188
AIUGB0245VPDW

Back