• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VW bios any good 4 SH6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I'm usualy of the mind if it ain't broke don't fix it...and I was wondering if any of you Abit sh6 owners have tried the VW bios...I found it on their taiwan ftp Thanks to somebody here who's name I can't remember..I seen a post about it, and it floated around in my head till now, and I d'l'ed it, but need to know if it makes any real changes, or fixes anything noticeable....like I said, my system is a screamin' and I would hate to loose all the fun I been having.
So I will wait till I hear from some of you fine people...owning this board. TIA

For me, it did not work well. I flashed VW twice just to make sure I got it right. The system will refuse to boot up everytime after I change a setting in the bios. It will just keep on beeping Using the reset button does not help. I need to turn it off using the switch on the psu. Also the system will refuse to boot and keeps on beeping even when I select `Restart' from the shutdown menu in WinME

I've been running VW for about 2 months now, it fixed the option of 4/4/1 for me, and I havn't had Any probs since the install, including being able to OC to 1162, of which I couldn't with the original bios, I guess every board is different.

Afte reading Big Lar's post, I decided to give the VW bios another chance and it is working on my board too! No errors so far. I have not tried pushing the FSB higher. It's running at 148mhz now but I will update this thread if I get a better overclock with this bios.

Thanks all, I apreciate your input...I only have one minor prob with mine...sometimes when I hit the del key, it tries to go into the bois, but it only displays a blue line across the bottom...the same color as the bios screen, like it just can't finish loading toe bios..but after a few resets it will eventualy load, and I can make my changes..and this is the worst complaint I can come up with..which is no real deterrent to me...I'm an Aquarius, and very patient.
So now there is another update? that is cool, Abit always incorporates all the old fixes into their next updates...so maybe I will take a chance on the YW?
Thanks again All, you have been great a help

Back