• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first attempt at a tidy case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monstermile

My first ever build so I figured I might as well make it look neat. It's not perfect but it's a start. Whatcha think???

Click pic for hi-res version

Looks decent.

Suggestions:

Ditch the purple expansion card holder thingy behind the front fan holder.

Move your slot blower so it doesn't interfere with your video card fan.

Scrap the cd-audio cables.

Route the front panel wires behind the motherboard.

Route the drive cables better, or go back to flat ones and tuck them behind stuff. :)

Thanks for the suggestions Giblet Plus! Now for a few questions:

Slot blower. Down one space??

CD audio cables. Aren't they required??

And thanks for the suggestion on the front panel wires. I never thought of that.

Any ideas on how to make the ps wires look better?? That was giving me fits last night trying to get everything semi-organized with those.

Side note: Aren't those CD audio cables ONLY for using the CD player without software? I could be way off on this, but that's what I think for some reason. If you use software to play the music off the CD, it should work fine without those wires hooked up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Hmmm. Learn something new every day. I always thought the CD audio cable were required.

CrashOveride said:
get rid of those rounded cables and use ribbon IDE cabels and put em behind your CD cages and Mobo :D

ya i dont like round cables. expensive (except svc) and i think not worth it. i mean i could do wat crashoveride did and IMO i like it that way. or u can just be ghetto like me and make ur own round cables outta them. just slit cable into few strips and heatshrink, electric tape, etc u get that idea.

Back