• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Opinion on My horrible website designes...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

ok i am wondering how some of these look for webside designes it would be just the menu and then the rest of hte site would be text and tables that are either in black or a light grey or other contrasting color... so plz let me know if it sucks let me know (oh and i know the ellow and red one sucks i did that cuz my mom suggested i use red in one of them...
(oh some are for a site for jsut me im planning on making and other for a little computer building buizness a friend of mine are gonna start up, oh and they would have rollovers and stuff this is jsut to get the looks and designe idea)
here they are:

banner2copy.jpg

bannercopy.jpg

otherideacopy.jpg

TEST2copy.jpg

TESTcopy.jpg

BannerBlack&Blucopy.jpg

EDIT: for some reason i cant get eh last pic to go its doing that werid thing ill make another post and see if it works

Last edited:
overall i liked it but you might want to use tables without borders for the news section to make it short (size vertically), i rather have a shorter page to scroll (personal preference) and also i would personally prefer to have a page with either white or black background otherwise good job :)

hrm... ok i think ill use the bigger bottom one and use some tabels to amke it span your whole width and use the side blue part span the whole height needed for the page...

I would play with the fonts a little.

I like TESTcopy.jpg, and TEST2copy.jpg, but they still need a bit of work. (And more than anything, they need the rest of the site to follow the same theme...)

hrm... well i am gonna put together the webpage using TESTcopy.jpg and the rest of the page is gonna, for the most part follow the theme... but it will mostly be text and pic anyways... every page will have that for the banner part though:D

I'd have to say that the colors you are using are not friendly to human eyes. They are what i like to call "bee colors." It would be less painful to look at if the colors werent as bright. don't use the hex colors. the basic html text colors are easy to look at....black is a good one...o o and white is a good one too ;)

Work on your typography. You don't have to use the weirdest, most custom fonts out there.

Arial, Verdana and Tahoma are your friends :)

Also, softer, comlplimentary colors go over MUCH better than bright blue on black.

I won't even touch on teh Red on Yellow scheme lol

First, work on your fonts. They are too hard to read.

Second, tweak the colors. Bold colors like that not only hurt my eyes and make things difficult to read, but they also look kind of "cheap."

so you guys dont like hte blue and white? :(
the text would still be primarly black those are just the menues...)

ok ill keep that in mind thnks:D

CrashOveride said:
ok i am wondering how some of these look for webside designes it would be just the menu and then the rest of hte site would be text and tables that are either in black or a light grey or other contrasting color... so plz let me know if it sucks let me know (oh and i know the ellow and red one sucks i did that cuz my mom suggested i use red in one of them...
(oh some are for a site for jsut me im planning on making and other for a little computer building buizness a friend of mine are gonna start up, oh and they would have rollovers and stuff this is jsut to get the looks and designe idea)
here they are:

banner2copy.jpg

bannercopy.jpg

otherideacopy.jpg

TEST2copy.jpg

TESTcopy.jpg

BannerBlack&Blucopy.jpg

EDIT: for some reason i cant get eh last pic to go its doing that werid thing ill make another post and see if it works

YGPM

Back