• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Sandbox: Tbred B DLT3C 1700+ and Beyond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know, for some reason I never read much of this thread. I am going to do something about that.

I will return my comments in one week... As soon as I finish reading.

Greenman, that info about conductivity is only relatively accurate - if you are talking about just common materials we use, which I assume you are, then yeah though.

You are on the right track though about that, even treatment with silver, which has better thermal conduction properties, may not help unless the bonding to the other material is of good quality. Currently, I think many hybrid sinks are very shoddy in their construction, and I don't know if incorporateing silver into them would make any improvement.

Last edited:
IMOG said:
You know, for some reason I never read much of this thread. I am going to do something about that.

I will return my comments in one week... As soon as I finish reading.

Greenman, that info about conductivity is only relatively accurate - if you are talking about just common materials we use, which I assume you are, then yeah though.

You are on the right track though about that, even treatment with silver, which has better thermal conduction properties, may not help unless the bonding to the other material is of good quality. Currently, I think many hybrid sinks are very shoddy in their construction, and I don't know if incorporateing silver into them would make any improvement.

agreed, but show me somehting with better thermal properties as sliver that costs the same as silver or less

even silver is beyond what most here will pay

captain newbie, explain?

electrical problem, but what is your cathode and what is your anode?

watercooling, cu/alu is a problem. cu/cu is not

Let me add one more post to this thread which I started a little over two years ago (April 2003) about overclocking the legendary 130 nm TBred B 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB (0310) using an ASUS A7N8X-DLX rev 1.0 Nforce2 motherboard.

In July 2003, I built and overclocked another air cooled system using another famous and popular CPU, the mobile Barton 2600+ IQYHA (0351) with an ABIT NF7-S rev 2.0 Nforce2 motherboard. The details are described also in this thread.

In Feb. 2005, I built an overclocked A64 socket 939 system using a 90 nm SOI Winchester and a DFI LanParty UT Nforce4 Ultra-D motherboard. Experiments of this 939 system is still on-going, and the details are described in this sandbox thread.

Overclocking sandbox for A64 939 systems with Winchester and beyond

RedDawg41 said:
Don't asked me about my a/c bill.... that's a kicker on my left nut...
Hell ain't this hot as it is in Texas, however them builders got the installation right on this part of the house, for which I thankthem! rigs are setup in the front where the dining room would of gone into ! ! !heheheeh (wife dislikes, but I pay the bills) !!
I feel you man...I live in miami and its 80 degrees in the winter...I'm looking to buy some kind of AC for my apartment for overclocking

Finally, 2 years later, I start reading this thread cuz I'm actually gonna use it. :D

Back