• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+Tbred or 2500+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I am trying to decide what processor is better to go with, the 512 L2 1.83 Barton or a 256 L2 2.03 Tbred. What are your thoughts on this. This stuff is going in my new NF7-S with 512 PC3500 Hyper X.

Seems like the bartons oc at least as well, if not better than the 2600+. At around $150, the 2600+ seems like a ripoff IMHO. The added cache of the Barton will also give you a little more performance as opposed to the t-bred. You could get around 2.5 with either, most likely, but for $30 less and double the cache with the barton.

If your into overclocking I think the real question is Barton or DLT3C 1700? With the DLT3C people are getting phenominal OC's like up to 2.5ghz. You will save so much money 1700 over the 2600.

I was considering the 2500 myself. It has more cache so it will go about the same speed as the 2600. Acually i'd go w/a 2100 personally. They OC great and are a hell of alot cheaper.

Ok, I'm not looking to save money. I'm looking to find out which one is better. I already have a b core that o/cs. I already own the NF7-s. Which processor do you think is better?

the barton is a good choice, i have mine @ 2.4 right now (192x12.5) @ 1.725V. its proven to be a good OCer so far. and for $125, you cant go wrong. you should be able to get your FSB around 200-210 with a barton.

Barton. 2.4ghz @ 1.75v so far, although I haven't burned it in yet, just setting it up. See my sig.

Sir Barton said:
the barton is a good choice, i have mine @ 2.4 right now (192x12.5) @ 1.725V. its proven to be a good OCer so far. and for $125, you cant go wrong. you should be able to get your FSB around 200-210 with a barton.

That's not necessarily true. [H] did a barton overclocking review in which they bought three 2500 bartons from newegg (as Joe customer would) and found that one barton would not hit 200fsb no matter what voltage they used. I dont think the 2600's have that same potential limitation. That said, i'd say the choice is still a no-brainer. I'd go with the barton all the way. The extra cache would more than make up for the small fsb difference.

i wouldn't say bartons OC as well as DLT3C XP1700+'s ...... but considering bartons are newer to the market unlike the T-breds w/c have had several revisions already ...... they OC pretty decent and every mhz OC out of them would go longer since they got the extra cache and do even more work per mhz than t-breds

Back