• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant run at 200fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I just got my new machine together and it work run 200fsb? How do I lock the pci down? Is there settings I'm missing? It is an NFS7-S and pc3500 hyper x 2x256 modules.

Not sure if the NF7 has the same option for the AGP settings...but on the 8RDA+...you can choice auto and 50Mhz up to 100Mhz...try looking for something like "AGP Frequency"...that should be the option to change the AGP Mhz...

Yeah, the nf7-s also supports changing the AGP speed - he was asking about the pci clock, though, I think.

Not sure if this is actually true or not...but I have heard and read about if you change the AGP Freq. it also changes the PCI Mhz...since they are both controlled by the same controller...if that is true, then if he has his AGP setup past 66Mhz it might be effecting it...but since I have no way to test this I do not really know...Just thought I would post about changing the AGP Mhz incase it was true...

The AGP is set at 66mhz and the core voltage I have run as high as 1.8v and the ram I ran at 2.9v. My kx7 333r runs higher than this thing. There must be a setting I'm not seeing. I dont understand how to set the CPU/DRAM ratio. should I leave it at speed or use one of the options? I also dont know what I am supposed to set the CPU interface at, enable or disable? Should CPU throttling be set to off? If anyone can shed some light on the subject I would be greatful.

Maybe try lowering the RAM voltage, or maybe you have a dud... I'm running mine at 200MHz at 2.7v.

Oh, and did you try burning in? Burning in helps the RAM a great deal.

Last edited:
I guess what I need is for someone running an NF7-S to give me the setting in there bios so I can match them to mine. Just tell me what you changed from stock to affect your FSB.

Change your dram/fsb ratio to 6/6. Thats just about the only thing that could possibly not be allowing you to go past 200 with your combo.

Back