• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

38c after 12 hours of Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, nice temps for sure. I was just asking about ambient because I've noticed alot of these rigs running in some really "cooler" temps. If I could get air temps like that I wouldn't have gone water so soon ;)

Donno what it is, It must be the 1 in a million maricle machine or something. All the fans I've got is the HSF, the Sunon, and whatever the PSU has.

Think I should just be happy and leave as is [insert sardonic laughter here] or try my luck with lapping/replacing the heatsink and using artic silver rather than whatever stock goop was installed at the factory?

What is telling you the temps?

The monitor software that came with my MB was(still is) reporting temps 10C below actual. I wish it was correct :D but when I installed my HC9 sensor it was showing me 8-10C higher temps and I trust it much more.

epauls said:
What is telling you the temps?

The monitor software that came with my MB was(still is) reporting temps 10C below actual. I wish it was correct :D but when I installed my HC9 sensor it was showing me 8-10C higher temps and I trust it much more.

the sensor monitor in the BIOS.

With my window opened right above my computer, I'm getting the same temps folding. But it all depends on the ambient temp for me. It can go as high as 48C on hot days (windows closed), and as cold as 36C on cool days (windows open).

I have a 80mm fan blowing not directly on the cpu, just a bit below, but that really helps with my low temp.

Anyway 38C on full load and with those ambient temps are nice. I wish mine was like that constantly.

Back