• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone try the SL6S9?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musk

Am very interested in how the 400mhz 2.4's are doing OC'ing.

Anyone tried these?

musk

There's really no point in getting a 400MHz CPU anymore since the added FSB you get from OCing a 533MHz CPU will give you better performance. As for how they are OCing, based on the results from the 533MHz SL6RZ chips this chip should reach 133MHz FSB on default voltage, assuming that it is a Costa Rica or L Malay chip.

had a Philippines SL6S9 that did 140fsb at default, but couldn't get it stable above that no matter what I did, think that was the limit of the chip, the 24x multiplier made it pretty easy on my memory

Wow that seems like a nice job lyle.....3.3ghz for a 2.0chip...mind sharing what the rest of your setup was? Also, on air, or was it on water? Looking to get a new chip, and I'm trying to find what some good ones were.

That was a 2.4 chip, 400fsb, on a BD7II-RAID, cooled with a T'right SK7 and 36cfm TMD fan, all I did was turn it on and up the fsb, posted a thread with screenies on it about 4-5 weeks ago, but couldn't find it because the search has been disabled. In my opinion, any multi-VID C1 should be pretty good. I have (2) 2.0A m-v C1's which are running 3200 and 3300 at default voltage and on air. I like the 2.0's, you can get a pretty decent fsb with 'em, but no so high as to scorch your memory. I also have a Costa Rica SL6RZ (2.4B) which is at 181fsb at +5% voltage and air cooling on a BH7, this is a multi-VID chip also.

I wish the search was working as well...will check google, but what is multi-VID?

I'm looking to get a better chip...got a 2.4b SL6EF (max 150fsb)before I learned about the wonderful world of overclocking...

lyle said:
had a Philippines SL6S9 that did 140fsb at default, but couldn't get it stable above that no matter what I did, think that was the limit of the chip, the 24x multiplier made it pretty easy on my memory
140 x 24 = 3360mhz seems pretty close to the RZs, only difference is the 24x rather the 18x. I dont know what the difference is cuzz they hit about the same speed just was locked at a different multiplyer. i guess a chip like this would be good on a RDram setup.

AZN

Back