Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer. -HJS-

Good luck finding an OS for it....

socket 754? any mobo supports it?

nf3 does and i saw a mobo on pricewatch they are taking preorders for from lynncomputers. mad expensive like $460 or something stupid.

but its funny amd actually has a cpu out for once before everything else.MS should have windows64 done soon tho.and i might be mistaken but the mobo i mentioned was a msi master which is a dually so you will want to order 2 opterons lol yeh right!

Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer. -HJS-

Originally posted by Ununquadium114
    Good luck finding an OS for it....
    i do believe it supports 32-bit as well just not quite as efficiently
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

Nah, it supports 32-bit efficiently; after all, not much was changed from the original Athlon. Clock for clock it's slightly faster than one too.

Newegg is wrong; the Opteron actually uses Socket 940. Socket 754 will be used for the upcoming Athlon 64s.

If you want a 64-bit OS, remember that there's always Linux.

i didnt see any boards for the proc anywher on newegg... or did i miss them...
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!

Originally posted by Damian
    What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!

lol i didnt notice that.. that i kinda funny i guess its a good idea in a mean sorta way... people will prolly buyt one thinking that it is gonna work for it...maybe not though lol

Way Too Jealous Member Supertrucker's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    even funnier is the cache amount of the chip
    5820k @4250 Asus X99 Deluxe
    Crossfire R9 290 @ 1100/1300
    Catleap 2560x1440 IPS w/120hz pcb
    DT770 pro

Originally posted by Supertrucker
    even funnier is the cache amount of the chip
    holy poo!!! thats a lot...maybe... unkown... lol... you would think they would releast that...

$300 I wish i could afford to test one.
    The rig was destroyed by a scissor-happy maniac with a grudge

:argue: :bang head

There have been windows 64bit XP edition betas out. I have one.
    (Folding for Team 32 )
    Heatware[/SIZE]

Originally posted by Legend911
    There have been windows 64bit XP edition betas out. I have one.
    but no proc to run it with?

Isnt the XP out now supposed to have 64bit support? Also, will windows2003 server have 64bit support? If so, im gonna get me one, as i have the 2003 beta. Also, the beta is available on the microsoft website, trying not to say anything illigal, someone pm'ed me that giving a link to it is illigal.
    Last edited by Yuriman; 04-23-03 at 11:48 AM.