• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woooooooooo ~~~!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nf3 does and i saw a mobo on pricewatch they are taking preorders for from lynncomputers. mad expensive like $460 or something stupid.

but its funny amd actually has a cpu out for once before everything else.MS should have windows64 done soon tho.and i might be mistaken but the mobo i mentioned was a msi master which is a dually so you will want to order 2 opterons lol yeh right!

Nah, it supports 32-bit efficiently; after all, not much was changed from the original Athlon. Clock for clock it's slightly faster than one too.

Newegg is wrong; the Opteron actually uses Socket 940. Socket 754 will be used for the upcoming Athlon 64s.

If you want a 64-bit OS, remember that there's always Linux.

What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!

Damian said:
What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!

lol i didnt notice that.. that i kinda funny i guess its a good idea in a mean sorta way... people will prolly buyt one thinking that it is gonna work for it...maybe not though lol

Isnt the XP out now supposed to have 64bit support? Also, will windows2003 server have 64bit support? If so, im gonna get me one, as i have the 2003 beta. Also, the beta is available on the microsoft website, trying not to say anything illigal, someone pm'ed me that giving a link to it is illigal.

Last edited:
Back