• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rambus ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
i have an intel vc820 mobo and 256mb (2x128) rimms that i will be selling on ebay, i punched the ram number into google and got two conflicting speeds, itels site lists it as compatable with the vc820 and as being pc700, another site, which had the rimms for sale listed them as being pc800, was there alot of difference between pc700 and pc800? would most or all pc700 work at pc800 speeds so they post it this way? model # is mc-4r128cee6c-745 if anyone can tell by looking at that id appriciate it as i dont want to advertise it on ebay as pc800 and have it not work...

What is the brand you are using? Can you give a link to the sites where you got the conflicting info at? And more importantly, what speed have you been running the memory at? That speed is usually the correct speed as long as you haven't OCed the board and memory.

well, it was on a p3 board, running at pc 600 speeds (100fsb) but posted as pc700 (133fsb) in bios, however, the manual stated that the baord would default to pc600 speeds if a 100fsb chip was in the board so i would assume thats the speed it was run at. its nec ram, do i just copy and paste a the web address to post a link?

Back