• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S south chipset cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

Does anyone run a south bridge chipset cooler? I am going to get one this weekend at the computer show. Anyone know of one that fits nicely?

I, as well as some others, have bought the Vantec Copper Iceberq and replaced the stock NB HSF with the copper one and used the small passive HS and tape that come in the kit to cool the SB.

BTW, if you do this you have to switch out the fans on the coolers. Mobo requires two-pin.

Is there any hole around the SB?? I am personnaly not too hot at the idea of permanently glued any hs on any components... unless you could pry off an epoxied hs from a sb without damaging it...

Just head on over to HERE--> http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=167_275&products_id=1611!! :D And pick up a ICEBERQ made by vantec, because the passive heat sinks which come with the “FAN” chipset cooler comes with it’s own “Adhesive Thermal PAD” which you can use to attach the original chipset fan that you remove to the South Bridge… Works like a charm for me! Never seen a South Bridge so cool that it puts off “NO” heat what so ever, except for maybe Water cool, or Phase change!!
(NOTE: Just Make sure you DO NOT use the cheap *** Thermal paste that comes with it on the North Bridge)
Hehehe

Good Luck!

DpGravy

Umm you could try, but I highly doubt that the heat sink would stay in place due to, not only vibration, but also the natural force of gravity would most likely cause it to slip off… And BANG!! :eek: down she would go! And I think this would NOT be a good thing to take a chance on having a passive heat sink bouncing around inside your case :p

You can’t deny the Natural LAWS of physics! :cool:

DpGravy

modenaf1 said:
does the south bridge really get that hot?

I find my sb chip was getting alittle hot once i went over 200fsb. I have put a heatsink on it using termal glue. And it looks Kool ;)

Umm yes and no, they get pretty hot if you'er playing a lot of music an dhave your FSB @ 220 or Higher... then yes it's a must. But like 00_7 said... It look's Damn Cool too with the copper shine under my UV lights heh

DpGravy

Back