• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does EMIII show the correct CPU speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McTimson

I have an XP2000+, very slightly overclocked to 1.7Ghz. EMIII says that it's at 1863 mhz though. Is it showing something else, or does it just not read speeds correctly?

Huh, EM doesn't seem to read ANY speeds on any of my
machines. Am I missing a setting or something?

Try this from the instructions page ..http://home.attbi.com/~wxdude1/emsite/help/

"Third, while this step isn’t necessary and you can do it or not, you might want this information displayed in the EM window. Find the Speed.exe file in the folder you unzipped EM into. Copy the Speed.exe file and the EMGetCPUinf.dll file to the FAH folder. Double-click the Speed program. A file will be created called "speed.emd" which will contain the type of processor you have and its speed. This program works on most CPU’s, but if it doesn’t work on yours don’t worry about it. The new AMD XP processors don’t seem to be seen correctly, and it will not identify systems with Dual CPU’s installed. Other than that it should correctly recognize your CPU and its speed. You can edit this file inside EM later so don’t worry about it now."

Always works for me its just if you have EM3 and f@h in different folders you have to copy the speed.emd fiile from the EM3 folder to the folding folder, well thats what works for me anyway:p

Back