• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSP350-60BTP shutdown problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D2DM

Hi,

I bought a FSP350-60BTP to replace my 4 year old FSP250 psu.

Works great [system1 in sig], but there's a problem when I press and hold the powerbutton for 4 seconds to get a powerdown.

With the 250 it worked.

With the 350 it's hit and miss. Mostly miss.

After ~4 seconds of pressing the power button it powers down.. but as I depress the button it almost immediately powers up again.
If i press, hold briefly, depress, press again, etc. sometimes it'll shutdown after a bootup or 2.

Ideas?

Also I noticed immediately after powerup there is like a <1sec fan turbo fase.. normal?

Oh and as to the fan turbo... I know alot of fans have a much higher draw to start spinup, then drop it to their running rating.

k.

drivers and microsoft don't play a (big) role as this plays before windows boot.

After more testing I conclude that indeed the fsp350 is ok.
Worked in a P4 system, shutdown and stayed down every time with 4 sec method.

And the BH6 coupled with the old fsp250 did have the same problematic symptoms but lesser degree/impact. It never quite booted through immediately.
I guess the beefier 350 ratings tipped the scale.

It's here to stay :)

Last edited:
Back