• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton problems w/NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

It took me 5 restarts to get the thing into the bios. I found that it says its an XP3100+ at default?!?! The only way I can change this is by using user define. It should pick it up in the bios at default? Any ideas? I'm installing the new bios tonight but I don't remember it saying it fixes this. Any help would be great thanks.

I had that too. after flashing to v1.1 it saw my Barton 2500+ as a 3100+ too. I manually reset it to 2500+ (not overclcking yet).
at the abit forums I read of a guy who had the problem too, and he cleared the CMOS and then got into the BIOS again. it then saw a 2500+ fine.

I flashed to 1.1 and it still sees my 2500 barton as a 3100+. This board is a piece of crap.

CSaddict, it's not a crap board. it's just a bit vague ;)
try clearing your CMOS with the jumper and see what happens then. I read this on the abit forums and it seems to help.
it should recognize your CPU properly then.

Back