• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clock Gen cooling......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosedick

I have an Asus CUSL2-C and a PIII 700. I put a 10mmx20mm heatsink on the clock generator and noticed a little more stability at higher speeds. I also nothiced that the edges of the heatsink (which is about the exact size of the chip) get pretty hot sometimes. I want to know if going to a bigger heatsink will enable me to reach higher speeds. thanks

You can get 16mmWx25mmLx16mmH heatsinks from RadioShack for like a buck fifty... Works great!!

i cut off part of a old hsf, slpped it on my clockgen, didnt notice any difference, but it's not like it's hurtin anything, i just used soem spare thermaltape and some old hsf off of some video card, so it didnt cost a dime either, since it sits under my pep66 on my be6-II so it gets plenty of airflow. try it, see what happens

Sorry man but the clock generator is a little too small for the borb mine is located on the top part of my board in between my memory and CPU if you look in your MB manual it may tell you where its at and sometimes there may be some writing or initials on your MB that may help, what you can do is is run your PC at full load gaming \Seti ect ect shut it down and feel the small chips if you find one thats hot then it needs a HS [make sure you ground yourself while touching anything inside your case] if its just warm or close to your MB temps then you really wont see positive results.

Back