• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS-modding tools

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0scar

Hello

I'm looking for some tools to modify bios. I've tried AWDHack with Modbin, but modbin wont extract my bios (checksum error). Now I wonder if there are any newer tools like AWDHack+Modbin that works on newer Award bioses, like the BD7II-bios?

I'm not looking for a "change logo"-tool, I want the ASM-code for the bios.

thanx

I don't have all the links at the moment, but you might wanna try modbin6.exe (The corresponding program for Award BIOS version 6.0 is often called modbin6.exe. I have found the version 1.00.12, 1.00.37 and 1.00.38 on the web).
Modbin.exe versions 4.50.60, 4.50.75 and 4.50.77 are for modifying Award BIOS version 4.X

Ctmc.exe, Another DOS application. The archive ctmc10.zip contains another couple of tools, namely splitawd.exe and lha255e.exe which together can extract all files from a BIOS ROM into a temporary directory.

Taken from Martin's BIOS Modding Guide.

You could also have a look at Wim's BIOS and ROM.by(In Russian).

Hope that helped.

**EDIT** Welcome to the forums.

Back