• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't hit 200 need NB volts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I have searched but cant find a good answer. I have a 2500+barton on an NF7-S with 2x256 3500 hyper X. It will not be stable at 200. At 190 its great. I have tried up to 2.8 volts on the memory and 1.7 on the CPU with a low multi. Do I need to increase NB volts? I dont want to because I dont know if it helps and dont want to hurt it.

EDIT. Can a moderator move this, I put it under CPUs by mistake.

I'm on the machine right now. I have it running a 2.08 so its a barton 2800+ now. I guess that will do for tonight. It runs at stock volts too.:D

I know it sounds stupid but in the Soft menu 3 screen, have you enabled the CPU Interface option? I had a problem similar to that, and it was because I left this option disabled. It says it uses overclocked CPU parameters, whatever that means, but I'm not too sure what it does. Make sure its enabled, and if that doesn't work come back. :D

altec said:
I know it sounds stupid but in the Soft menu 3 screen, have you enabled the CPU Interface option? I had a problem similar to that, and it was because I left this option disabled. It says it uses overclocked CPU parameters, whatever that means, but I'm not too sure what it does. Make sure its enabled, and if that doesn't work come back. :D

wow...i guess it's the little things that are often overlooked

I couldnt get mine to boot up at 2.3ghz at all, went and changed that thing up'ed the multiplier (11x210) and bam, lets see what it'll do...

My memory timings were at optimal but I also tried others. I also tried the cpu interface in enable and disable settings.

Back