• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FAQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maximus, I just found out about this product that might deserve a spot in your sticky. It's a new version of the old "Golden Socket Adapter". Claims that it allows any multiplier, up to 24X. Looks really promising.

Here is one distributor of this product. I don't know anything about this distributor, but they carry the product.

Credit, where credit is due.

*EDIT* According to the manufacturer, this will only work with CPU's that are unlocked by default, aka, all their L1 bridges are intact. This is the default condition of T-breds and Bartons, but not ~all~ earlier processors.

Last edited:
Maximus, my cousins ordered a 2000+ from newegg and it's a DUT3C AIXHB 0322*PAW (forgot about that one letter, I'll check it soon). So I guess that counts as a spotting in the wild.

Now only if I can convince them to swap for my 1700+... ;)

Last edited:
TheGhengisKhan said:
I threw together a quick pic for unlocking my (soon to be delivered) Tbred and thought I'd share it. Yes, I know, it's just the paint guide from the ocinside.com website, but I printed this out so that since my computer will be down for about a day and my memory sucks, I won't mistakenly paint over the wrong dots.
tbredunlock.gif

the only thing you paint is the red file for l3 and leave all the other open
like the l11, l3,l1?

Hi update on the steppings. I have a 2000+ and it's stepping is :

AXDA2000DU3TC Y838656280083
AIUMB 0318SPAW

Just thought you might want to know ;)
cyrix

Yeah, I've bought half a dozen XP1700's from Newegg in the past two months. All were B's, except one. That's the gamble you take, when you buy from Newegg, but hey, they're cheap.

*EDIT* The last four or five XP1700's I have bought from Newegg, have all been T-bred A's.

Last edited:
"All XP2000+ and lower rated tbred cpus will be unlocked from the factory, allowing multipliers 5-12.5 to be adjusted in the bios of ANY MOTHERBOARD that support the processor and have multiplier selection."

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, and it's not a real big deal, but for complete accuracy:

I have an Epox 8rda+ rev.2 (see sig). Although the 10 and 10.5 multipliers are selectable in the bios, I get an overclocking error no matter what fsb and voltage I'm at. This is with the 1700 listed in the sig. I have seen several other posts regarding the same problem. It's obviously the mobo, but I haven't found a fix anywhere.

Just thought I'd through that in, you know, in the interest of completeness:)

Yeah, a mobo issue won't apply to that general rule (there's always an exception, and since it doesn't work when it should it's an Epox issue).

Low multipliers: 12.5 and lower.
High multipliers: 13 and higher.

Epox and other nForce2 can select all multipliers. Epox can only post all multipliers on 2100+ and higher CPUs because the default multiplier is 13 for 2100+.

Only Abit and Soltek nForce2s are known thus far to post higher multipliers on CPUs below 2100+.

More info:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232303

I must be really lucky because I just bought a retail boxed 2500+ barton, and my stepping was AQXEA - the one that is rated a 10 for overclocking. :) I have yet to do anything yet... still in the packaging. Just "waiting" for free time to come across so I can install this bad motha on a Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2. mmmmm. :) I can taste the heat now...

btw, it's been a while since the barton was released... any data on how high they can OC up to, and which stepping they were?

Thanks.

Most recently manufactured Barton's highest overclock will still depend on cooling and equally important brand of Power Supply.

Between 2.3 and 2.4 would be the expected overclock if you're using other quality components.

Back