• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FAQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a question

I have been hearing about Mobile Athlon XP and Athlon XP, it really does have a difference ???

I have an XP 2500+ unlooked (I'm not with it here now) and the max overclock I saw with this processor was 2600Mhz but in another topic here I saw a guy with an Mobile Athlon XP going to 3100Mhz, so I really want to know if has a big difference or not.

thank you

Demon_Hunter said:
I have a question

I have been hearing about Mobile Athlon XP and Athlon XP, it really does have a difference ???

I have an XP 2500+ unlooked (I'm not with it here now) and the max overclock I saw with this processor was 2600Mhz but in another topic here I saw a guy with an Mobile Athlon XP going to 3100Mhz, so I really want to know if has a big difference or not.

thank you

Mobile Athlon XP's are always unlocked, but all the new Athlon XP's are locked. Mobiles are also designed to run at a lower Vcore, so they have more headroom for overclocking that most Athlon XP's. If you can hit 2600 MHz with your chip, then I wouldn't upgrade. Very few people can overclock higher than that, even with Mobile XP's.

3100 MHz? That had to be a lie, or liquid nitrogen, or something.

Demon_Hunter said:
No misunderstood man

take a look http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=293126

is not liquid nitrogen but is a strong cooling system

see ya

Ok, he achieved 3.1 GHz, but admits it was only stable at 2.7 GHz and he never included what programs, if any were used to verify stability. :fishy:

What is a Mach 2 GT, anyway? (This is his cooling system, whatever it is.)

I have a brand new mobil Barton to add to the list.

AQYHA:0410 TPAW.

Brand spanking new so i don't know how high it will go but I will let you know when I find out.

Maximus Nickus said:
AMD Duron, Athlon, XP, Tbred, and Barton FAQ

Please Private Message Me With Any Updates or Potential Additions.
You are welcome to link to this FAQ. Please do not copy content from it.

For more information on AMD processors, you can read this thread.

For specific information pertaining to overclocking your AMD cpu, visit here

For general information regarding AMD CPU Overclocking visit here.

Pretty new around here. Any chance of these articles being around somewhere else? The links you have are outdated/broken.

Thanks

Maximus Nickus said:
Sounds like you have a great chip there bro! Always nice to get a good result. :D

Alright... that was on my infinity with my SLK...... I tried 1.85Vcore and I couldnt gain a thing. Along with 250fsb not possible.

Since its a new mobo, i tear it down, wondering why im getting a 35C temp.

Crooked socket.
FedEX'd today back for them to fix, but the cpu was only half covered!

Cant wait to get it working right!

EDIT: Oh, btw, you put AXIXB under bartons- its a 2000+ T-Bred :santa2:

regger said:
Pretty new around here. Any chance of these articles being around somewhere else? The links you have are outdated/broken.

Thanks

A easy get around is to delete "/vb" in the browser address line when coming across the missing link error. For reason, see below.

Originally posted by hitechjb1

As many of you know that the forums were upgraded to a new version of code, and many links in this thread (probably some other threads also) are no longer working.

E.g.
This does not work
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2714461#post2714461

But I found out by deleting "/vb" in the link, it will work again.

This will work
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2714461#post2714461

So in case some links do not work for today (May 28, 2004), the reason is as above.

I am fixing all the links in this thread one by one now, so hopefully I should have all fixed within a day.

A easy get around is to delete "/vb" in the browser address line when coming across the missing link error.

Back