• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are my chances with a SE440BX-2 Intel Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadan

I'm a newbie, and I want to start in the overclock world, what I got ritgh now is a Celeron 533 and an SE440BX-2 Intel Mobo. I wonder what are my chances with this combination since I can't find anything about Intel's MOBO's.

Thank's

Intel mobo's are not one of the best for overclocking check to see what options you have for changing your front side bus and core voltage to your CPU, i highly recommend that you read through the tips section and gain as much knowledge as possible as theres more to overclcoking then just changing your FSB and CV but anyway check to see what you can do and we would be glad to help you out.

goodluck

Well that depends ...
I have got that exact same board and a C2 Coppermine 533A, and it worked great on an MSI slocket at 800. I used a simple trick to make the processor think it needs 1.65V to boot. Found that in HardOCPs article archive (bump voltage). Of course there is no guarantee that the processor will be stable with a mere 10% increase in voltage, but in my case that was all it took for a clean, stable 66 to 100 jump. Thats why I recommend a good slocket, the voltage adjustments will make it possible.
If the chip is a 533 (old mendocino core) then you won't be able to do much, if anything at all because the mobo gives you two choices in FSB: 66 and 100, LOL

megadan (Jul 01, 2001 09:17 p.m.):
I'm a newbie, and I want to start in the overclock world, what I got ritgh now is a Celeron 533 and an SE440BX-2 Intel Mobo. I wonder what are my chances with this combination since I can't find anything about Intel's MOBO's.

Thank's

Ok, first when you said an MSI slocket do you refer to the board where I put the Celeron, it's like a transition from PPGA to the cpu slot in the mobo. Here in my country they call it "la galleta". Is there a way to know what type of celero do I own whitout removing it. When we got a PC 100 dimm are we talking about the same frecuency of the FSB? because I'm actually run a pc 100 dimm whithout problems and you said you need to jump from 66 to 100. Any way where can I found the trick that you comment?
hanzee (Jul 06, 2001 04:42 a.m.):
Well that depends ...
I have got that exact same board and a C2 Coppermine 533A, and it worked great on an MSI slocket at 800. I used a simple trick to make the processor think it needs 1.65V to boot. Found that in HardOCPs article archive (bump voltage). Of course there is no guarantee that the processor will be stable with a mere 10% increase in voltage, but in my case that was all it took for a clean, stable 66 to 100 jump. Thats why I recommend a good slocket, the voltage adjustments will make it possible.
If the chip is a 533 (old mendocino core) then you won't be able to do much, if anything at all because the mobo gives you two choices in FSB: 66 and 100, LOL

megadan (Jul 01, 2001 09:17 p.m.):

Thank's

Back