• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP from the ABIT adept!!! (re:inline queue depth)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zPacKRat

I currently have a p3 700 at 933 on the system in my signature. However I want to run it on my BE6 II v2.
the only problem I'm having doing so is having my inline queue depth set to 8, when set to 8 my system will hang at some point aven with my memory settings at 3-3-3, and when set at 1 my memory scores suck, so what I want to know is when set at 8 what could be causing the instability. Is it my memory or cpu? I'm using some micron based 7.5 ns memory I purchased from a local computer shop.

hey dude, im using micron based memory too, and i dont know what your voltages are set for, micron is good, and maybe you got some sucky 133 module...i have no idea, but it should run that stuff when running at the memory rated speed...you can try upping the i/o to 3.4v and also try putting the memory in different slots, i hear it is better to put them closer to the cpu, i am too...dont know if that is true though, i think it has to do with the mobo though...good luck and tell me what happens

You are right Light~Being. For some reason these VP-6's run better with the memory in Slot #4, which is the closest one to the CPU's.

Mine is the same way. I would put it in Slot1 and it wouldn't boot at 1002, moved it to 4 with the same settings and it booted. Then I pushed my luck by taking the memory settings up to Turbo and forcing it to CAS2 at 167 Mhz FSB. And this cheap over the counter memory is holding up just fine.

If I set my inline-qeue-depth to '1', I can run stable at 1120Mhz all of a sudden. That's with a PC100 stick at 140, so it's not your RAM. But at '1' any performance is down the drain. You have to try some more tweaks to get her up at 933 with '8', otherwise it's just no use...

Thanks for the help!
What I'm wondering is that could it be my Abit slocket III ? because the BH6 that the chip is in now runs fine at 933 at 1.85v and the BH6 has a inline queue depth of 8 that cannot be changed in the bios! and I've also tried changing the ram around to different slots and tried using one stick rather than two.

I know that it depends on what stepping you have but the newer steppings (cC0 and older) do not like older mobo's. Oyu have to have an i810 or greater to be perfectly stable. I had the same prob with an PIII 850 and my BE6-II

odd! I have it running on an even older BH6 and it is stable as a rock, I wonder why it's not on the be6. Keep the posts coming, and thanks everyone! Oh and it's a retail sl3xx which is a CBO.

Katabatik (Jul 05, 2001 01:20 p.m.):
I know that it depends on what stepping you have but the newer steppings (cC0 and older) do not like older mobo's. Oyu have to have an i810 or greater to be perfectly stable. I had the same prob with an PIII 850 and my BE6-II

Back