• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Send the Hyper X back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I have pc3500 in this rig and cant get 190 fsb stable at any ratio,1:1,3:3,6:6. I have tried everything I know. I upped the core to 1.8 the ram to 2.8 and still nothing. I relaxed the timings, went from cas2 to 2.5. I dont know what else to do. Should I up the northbridge volts? Should I just RMA it and get corsair? Its the first rig in my sig.

CSaddict said:
I have pc3500 in this rig and cant get 190 fsb stable at any ratio,1:1,3:3,6:6. I have tried everything I know. I upped the core to 1.8 the ram to 2.8 and still nothing. I relaxed the timings, went from cas2 to 2.5. I dont know what else to do. Should I up the northbridge volts? Should I just RMA it and get corsair? Its the first rig in my sig.

maybe other timing settings beside CAS? for example- 2.5-3-3-6 ?

my corsair xms PC3200 can do 2-2-2-5 under around 180FSB, anything higher I have to use 2-3-3-5. but they can do 2-3-3-5 at 200FSB :)

Crank up the NB voltage a tad.. when getting to ~200 Mhz FSB you probably will need a bit higher NB voltage than stock. This is the case with many Epox boards at least.

well if your memory wont nudge even a mhz when you ease the timings and up the voltage from tight timings and stock voltage, then its not your memory......more likely your NB......run the memory async to test it out

Its going back!!! Kingston has admitted error in the ram and having problems with new Nforce boards. Found out from the Abit site. Will order some corsair I guess unless anyone else has any better suggestions.

Back