• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipped Core Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

Hey everyone, I thought it's about time to show off our chipped cores. everyone has done at least one :rolleyes: or should have by now ;). I actually have a couple, but I only have one I can find right now.

Duron 700. I used it as my practice unlock chip and then it encountered a coolermaster POS whose clip was unable to disengage properly so I ended up wrestling it too hard :p

Duron700.jpg

dead

Please try to keep the comments to a minimum, and if you comment, please post a pic and the story of it's death :).

Last edited:
i dont have a way to put up any picks but ive got a small pile of chipped durons on my desk they seem to work more often after being chipped than any of the athlons ive seen that got messed up. the duron im using in the machine im typing on has chips on 3 corners and a deep nick in the top of the core. i was almost afraid to even plug it into my mb but it was free and it ended up working

only one chipped core on a 1700 pally... came chipped for free courtesy of fry's and they're restocking of bad components (didn't see it while purchasing - i always check out what i get from them b4 i leave the store) :( those b#stards! undoubtedly dead too. will post pics later if i find my camera.

core.jpg

That pic is from a 2500+ Barton (just got last week :eek: )

--That tiny chip is enough to stop my L2 cache from working.
In my 8rga+, the cpu will post, and will work fine at 2.4ghz as long as i dont enable the L2 cache - which makes it perform like a 2200+ :(

In my KT400, the board wont even post with that cpu installed.

I am gonna make an attempt to RMA it - the chip is barely noticeable unless you reallly examine it, hopefully newegg will be nice about it, otherwise i guess i will either order another 2500+, or a 2100+ tb.

Ive never chiped the die on any of my cpus or on the cpus of my friends comps guess im just lucky.

I am gonna make an attempt to RMA it - the chip is barely noticeable unless you reallly examine it,

:rolleyes:

Me I chiped a pally really bad but it works fine like nothing happend to it, good thing because it is running in my second machine as you read this. :)

Back