• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*URGENT* Need DVD video on my tv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

I've seached everywhere and the only answer I can find is that the software wont display a copyrighted dvd on my tv. Is there any software that will?

I am using an asus a7v-ve and a Rage II PCI with tv-out. I have a 2x toshiba DVD rom playing it all.

Please, I need this in 12 hours from the post date for a party. thanks all :(

The DVDs play on my monitor great, but not a tv :(

Oh, and the TV gets a signal, just black picture

What software are you using? Personally, I use PowerDVD and it works just fine through my 8500's S-video out. Also, make sure the TV is set as the primary display.

~THT

I tried, there really is no option for it. I tried three progs including powerDVD.

:( I'll look again and see

If worst comes to worst then set your TV as the primary display if you can (I can with my AIW 8500 in the ATi driver settings), then the DVD should display on your TV but not your monitor (until you switch them back).

The DVD may not display on the TV if it goes through a VCR then to the TV.

There used to be an option in the video overlay tab of the drivers for my card called "theater mode" and I would have to check that option to get any movie (divX, avi etc.) to display on a TV.

I think I remember reading something on the ATi site about DVDs not playing on a TV with a rage card (in their FAQs or something), Ill have a look and post back if I find anything.

What OS are you using on this machine?

windows 2000 pro.

thanks, I got it fixed, I'm using my old gaming rig for it. G2 Ultra, and other good stuff.

The Rage II won't give me the option to set a primary display in win2k, but it will in 9x. :( no time for a re-install, so I had to use my other rig. thanks everyone :)

Back