• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

added second 19" flat crt for dually on a 9700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
just a fill in for some who may not know about doing this as much and plus id like to add to this section and keep it going.

i have 2 kds 19" xtreme flat crt's hooked to my 9700 and the second monitor runs as attached.so i can play games on one and keep mbm and electron micro scope open while surfing.really nice.

i did a few tests also running 3dmark2001 and useing the second crt for mbm and lost 200 points but even that could be a fluke as scores fluctuate.so really no big drain on the card performance wise.

SpliT71 said:
nice, you got some money to spend ;)
yeh i dont do bad.
but i still couldnt afford my digital camera i wanted this month,its gonna have to wait.
i did get 2 raptors ordered and heading my way tho :D

Gotta love the convenience of dual monitors :) It's nice to be able to monitor MBM, EMIII while surfing, gaming, etc. Also nice for file maintenance with large directories.

Only have 2 old 17" monitors, wish I could afford, find space for a third (preferably flat screen) as I can hook up three monitors (2 cards) and maybe a TV.

Hmmm, I could hook the video out to the video in on the other card and record what I was doing on the other monitor, lol.

Once you get that second monitor going, it's hard to go back to a single monitor.

Once you get that second monitor going, it's hard to go back to a single monitor.
thats is very true.
im not made of money either.but luckily im running out of things my pc really, really needs.

i think lcd's just cost to much and have a lesser quality over crt's.
but im definatly needing more desktop real estate now.my mouse and keyboard are really cramped.

btw im using 19" xtreme flat's from kds from walmart and only $188 +tax. basically $200 each. rather cheap as one 15"lcd can cost what i have in the 2 crt's
but i pay in size but no biggy for me.

Duel monitors??

Hey Deathstar
I been curious about duel monitors !!!
How do you access each one's program do you use 2 mice or a hot button to switch the mouse from one to the other?
I hope you understand what I mean!

Re: Duel monitors??

XgladiatorX said:
Hey Deathstar
I been curious about duel monitors !!!
How do you access each one's program do you use 2 mice or a hot button to switch the mouse from one to the other?
I hope you understand what I mean!
i think i do.
there are several ways of doing this.ill just explain mine as its all i know.

ive done this with 1 agp card and 1 pci card together or
on my 9700np i have 2 outputs.
in the display properties i set mine as attached.and what i get is 2 copys of my wallpaper.BUT its 2 seperate screens.
i have my taskbar on my main and my mouse just floats over to the second one like there is no boundry between the 2 monitors.

so basically i can move the mouse as if the 2 moniters were connected seamlessly.
im not able to make a game play accros the 2 tho.one does the game the other does my mbm.but when a game is running i think you need to hit pause or the windows key to let the game know it doesnt have proirity and then the second monitor is accessable again.

i really really like it.some non pc people might think its nutz but once you do it and use a dual monitor setup youll see why its so nice.and no performance loss either. mabey 200points if that when i tested it.thats a normal fluctuation also as why i say none i see.
thats with my 9700np running both crt's
i can use my ati7000 32mb ddr pci card on the secondary but my rage3d tweaker sees that instead of my 9700np so i went this route.

to sum it up and hopefully i didnt confuse you even more is its one big wide screen,but its devided only by the applications liking one screen at a time.but you can put anything where you want,on either screen. but you get 2X the real estate.

just for fun i was able to stretch this ie window over both screens lol
kinda kool but useless none the less.might be kool with a pychodelic screen saver tho.

"edit" just for fun i found a few bikini pics with my opera browser.
adjusted the size to 300% and stretched it over both monitors. lol
really big pic of a chick but is kinda odd looking in the middle where the monitors meet. again fun but useless.

Last edited:
Thanks Deathstar I understand now. I often wondered how it was done. Now I want to do it. I have 2 browsers or more going at a time very often, plus I game. only like I don't have the room on my desk.

I just got a 19" CRT Samsung 950b and loving it.

I don't have the room for another 19" but I might get a nice 15" for a system stats monitor while doing the heavy lifting with the 19" CRT.

Back