• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP Aperature Size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tcg23

Registered
could someone please explain this setting in a motherboards BIOS, is it good to set the AGP Aperature size to the same amount of Video RAM you have? Any info greatly appreciated!
-TheComputerGuy23

From what i understand...

This is the amount of ram that you will set aside in the event that your video cards ram runs out, that is if you have 128mb of ram and a pretty swan that flys over the screen takes up another 64mb of ram and you run out....it will access your system ram.

I've heard that setting it a little less then your GPU is usually a good idea...again i could be wrong

but thats what i think it is

tcg23 said:
could someone please explain this setting in a motherboards BIOS, is it good to set the AGP Aperature size to the same amount of Video RAM you have? Any info greatly appreciated!
-TheComputerGuy23

the AGP aperature is basically extra video ram, so at about 256 in the aperature it would max out the agp bandwidth

Back