• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Must say 2 thumbs up on this board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Might try bumping the voltage to 1.725 then using 12 x 200. That's what I'm setup with using my 2700+, and it's running like a champ.
I gotta wait on my new PSU to arrive, as it's really pulling on my +12 rail, but then I'll be trying for a lil mo. :D

If you look at the actual voltage after you set 1.725, you'll see that it's really closer to 1.7v.

well i upped the vdd to 1.7v and the vcore to 1.7v and the vdimm to 2.8v and i got a rounding error after 3hrs and 25min. i really am considering returning this board. im pretty sure my psu is good enough. it's a 420w sirtech psu.

drewthomas14 said:
well i upped the vdd to 1.7v and the vcore to 1.7v and the vdimm to 2.8v and i got a rounding error after 3hrs and 25min. i really am considering returning this board. im pretty sure my psu is good enough. it's a 420w sirtech psu.

May have done damage when screwdriver slipped , warranty really not for user caused possible damage but you make the call on that one....

Cisco KId

well it ran for 24hrs on prime at default so im thinking maybe ill try to up the vcore or change the psu. unless for some odd reason the damage only comes in to affect when i overclock. could my psu be the reason for instability. i had a nfoce 2 on it b4 and it ran fine at 12x195 with 1.8v maybe this board needs a bit more juice? it seems to take a bit more vcore on this board. Also i was just experiences some mouse lag b4 i rebooted but then i upped the vcore and vdd and it seems to have dissapeared.

Last edited:
drewthomas14 said:
well it ran for 24hrs on prime at default so im thinking maybe ill try to up the vcore or change the psu. unless for some odd reason the damage only comes in to affect when i overclock. could my psu be the reason for instability. i had a nfoce 2 on it b4 and it ran fine at 12x195 with 1.8v maybe this board needs a bit more juice? it seems to take a bit more vcore on this board. Also i was just experiences some mouse lag b4 i rebooted but then i upped the vcore and vdd and it seems to have dissapeared.

how is it now?? I am solid at 210 fsb have not bothered to go for more..... but I know it will go 213 fer sure

cisco kid

Hi there I have same board and same cpu 0310 and I am now @ 215 x 11 = 2.365 1.750 vcore 2.7 vdimm 1.7 vdd temp after running memtest and 3d 47c prme 49c I only have a ystech fan but sk7 cooler so time for new fan, I can go higher as no probs yet I was just worried about going higher with the vcore?

Great board will they still be selling them in USA and UK if they are pulling out???

Cisco Kid said:

how is it now?? I am solid at 210 fsb have not bothered to go for more..... but I know it will go 213 fer sure

cisco kid
i think the board is borked and not because of the trace. i think the dimm slots are messed up or sumthing. i can pass memtest86 in 1and3 for 15hrs @ 200fsb 5,2,2,2. then when i up it past 200 i get errors. so i decided to try 2and3 and it worked at 220fsb 5,2,2,2 for 9passes cuz that's all i wanted to run for. i also tested each test individualy at 220 and they are both ok. when i went into windows at 9x200 5,2,2,2 vcore 1.725 vdd 1.6 and vdimm 2.7 i errored after 51min of prime. the cpu was fine b4 as i said so i dont think that is the problem. the ram is fine cuz i tested it and that only leaves the motherboards. right?

I just ordered an XP1700+ from Newegg and the SL-75FRN2-L from GoogleGear for a friend's upgrade project. I cannot wait to play with these new toys. If performance is what I think it coul be, I will definitley be buying the same for me once I find a new job :mad:

SL-75MRN-L

Couldn't be happier with mine. Athalon XP 2000+ B core, downgrade 2600, OC'd 2171Mhz. All I did was set the jumper to 166 and set bios to 166 and it rocks. CPU runs very cool, 42C, using AMD HS and fan with AMD pink thermal pad. Thought I'd try it and seems to be running nice & cool, so I'll let well enough alone. OldBird

Well I just ordered this board and I am going to put it with a 1700 XP AXDA1700DUT3C JIUHB0312WPMW . I hope I will be able get 2100MHz stable. All I need is my DDR Ram now, and I will be set. :D :D

you should hit 2100 easy I have a DLT3C 0310 XPWM running 210 fsb at 11 multi = 2.310 using OCZ PC3500 running 5,3,2,2 settings. I have/can hit 218 fsb which is pretty much 2.4 on AIR but there were some quirks , I know it will run that fsb but I do not have time to tinker.....

Good luck

cisco kid

I have installed the soltek sl75frn2 with a ahtlon 2000xp and corsair PPC2700ddr333 512mb ram and tried to install win xp as an upgrade from win 98 se but the install hangs with 34 mins to go microsoft says this board is NOT on hteir compatible list .CAn someone hHelp?

You should run stable that easy!

I am running stable at fsb 200 10.5 mult/ 2.11 GHz with a 2100 chip and soltek mobo. I want more out of the fsb speed ........

Last edited:
Lovin' every minute of it... Definate two thumbs up for this board. Has all the features of more expensive boards at a dirt cheap price.

Runs 230fsb all day long, if only I could find some decent priced RAM that would go that fast!

Crucial DDR RAM

I had a ASUS A7N8X Dlx rev 2 that was so much of a hassel and finally died I gave up on ASUS. I took the two sticks of 256MB Crucial RAM out of it and put in the Soltek SL-75MRN-L and works perfect. I have an old 256MB stick of DDR RAM of unknown, no-name on it origin, forget how and where I got it. Out of curosity I put that one in the Soltek and it also ran fine. Leads me to believe Soltek is not picky about RAM until you start pushing it pretty hard.

Athalon 2100 downgrade OC'd to 2700 clock 2.16 GHz. Fsb 166 and memory set to Auto. Never pushed it more because it runs so stable and fast it's good enough for me. CPU runs pretty cool to, 42C idle 46C loaded with this cooler & Arctic Silver:
http://www.nexfan.com/evcucoacofrs1.html

Summertime I leave the side off the case rather than listen to noisy case fans.

anyone done volt mod to this board allowing more than the 1.85 vcore?

Cisco KID

Back